Topic: Updated SSL certificate 4/8/2013

I've recently updated the wildcard SSL certificate for chumby.com.  Unlike *certain* companies, we actually pay attention to certificate expiration dates wink

The only client that should be affected is "chumby lite" for Android, for now.

Those of you running this client should make sure it's still running for you - the one catch with the particular CA Chumby used (and is still using for continuity) is that their root certificate is not in all versions of Android.  I've added the full trust chain so everything *should* be working.

If you happen to be running some Really Old Operating System, like Windows 98 or something, it might be interesting to see if you can access "https://www.chumby.com" to see if the trust chain is correctly configured.  Of course, the site itself is HTML5, so who know what you'll see in your ancient browser.

Please let me know if you have any difficulties.

Re: Updated SSL certificate 4/8/2013

Duane wrote:

Unlike *certain* companies, we actually pay attention to certificate expiration dates wink

I see what you did there...

Linux Guy - Occasional Chumby Hacker

Re: Updated SSL certificate 4/8/2013

Duane wrote:

Unlike *certain* companies, we actually pay attention to certificate expiration dates wink

I know iv had to email a certain major PC OS company about expired mailserver certs due to my email client kvetching about it ... wouldn't be referring to them now would you wink