Topic: Chumby 8 / Fixed WSOD, now not updating...

Will not take an update via USB.

Will not boot from a usb [ Offline USB ]

have access to MicroSD card and a working CH8 wanted to know if there was an easy way i can do an exact copy from one flash card to another. 

Any directions would be welcomed.

Re: Chumby 8 / Fixed WSOD, now not updating...

TecWiz wrote:

Will not take an update via USB.

Will not boot from a usb [ Offline USB ]

have access to MicroSD card and a working CH8 wanted to know if there was an easy way i can do an exact copy from one flash card to another. 

Any directions would be welcomed.

In Windows you can use this to image your good card and then write it to another card.

In Linux use the dd command such as:

dd if=/dev/sdx of=backup.img        to image your good card
dd if=backup.img of=/dev/sdx        to write the image out to another card

change /dev/sdx to the mount point of your uSD card. Be sure you have the correct mount point. The dd command can do much damage if used on the wrong disk!

Brian, #1 Joan Jett Fan

Joan Jett wrote:

In Windows you can use this to image your good card and then write it to another card.

In Linux use the dd command such as:

dd if=/dev/sdx of=backup.img        to image your good card
dd if=backup.img of=/dev/sdx        to write the image out to another card

change /dev/sdx to the mount point of your uSD card. Be sure you have the correct mount point. The dd command can do much damage if used on the wrong disk!

Thanks!!

ill def try this once i open up thew working Chumby and get that image copied over.

UGH!!! Help please .. .. ...

so i attempted to try this both in widnows and  in Backtrack 5
windows way couldnt see the card like my first problem. took out the working card out form my toehr CH8 and it mounted fine however that script you gave me... i am confused on how to use it...

how do i get the name the drive is mounted as... to make the image. 

i know the card is crashed... is there a way i can fron another USB format the whole card and blank it new, from the chumby... i think my windows fat 32 / ntfs is messing with the ext2 file format...

do you think if i ghost it in a mini PX it will take it am copy the image over?