Topic: 24 hours or military time format

Hi,

as a European I'm really used to the 24h time format and its kind of anoying to have the time displayed in am/pm

A cool option would be to set up a parameter indicating if you prefer the US format or "the rest of the world" format, then applications could look (or not) at this option to know how to display the time.

It'll be very usefull if you plan to market the chumby for "the rest of the world" as well :-)

--
Vineus

Re: 24 hours or military time format

That's actually up to the author of each clock widget how they wish to present the time.

For instance, the widget "Digital Clock" supports both 12-hour and 24-hour time - you can either configure it or simply touch it to change.

Even after being in the military, I still forget most of the world rocks the 24H format and not AM/PM.
People still look at me funny when i say "2100" instead of 9:00.

Not surprising though, we are one of the few countries that don't use the metric system also.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Duane wrote:

That's actually up to the author of each clock widget how they wish to present the time.

For instance, the widget "Digital Clock" supports both 12-hour and 24-hour time - you can either configure it or simply touch it to change.

Ok, I didn't knew for the digital clock, thank you ! What about the night mode ?

Vineus wrote:

Ok, I didn't knew for the digital clock, thank you ! What about the night mode ?

Good point - I'll file a bug for that. Thanks!