1 (edited by Ariel 2007-11-04 15:09:38)

Topic: Crush the Critters Widget

Hello guys and gals!

My creative partner Jon and I have uploaded our first widget. "Halloween Crush the Critters" 
Link > http://www.chumby.com/guide/widget/Hall … e+Critters

We were wondering if anyone could give us some feedback or ideas of what they would like to see. Has anyone played it on a real Chumby? We are going to be making a Christmas version and be adding music and sound effects this time around. Better graphics too!

Feedback would be greatly welcome!

Thank you!

Re: Crush the Critters Widget

It would be awesome to see their heads explode with massive amounts of gore. But then that wouldn't fit the style. So far my score is in the 90+ area.

I'd recommend making it clear that you have lost the game when you lose. Right now it goes to a 'credits' screen. Typically games will say, "The End", or "You lose!" or something to that effect. Also, instead of 'play' after you lose, maybe say, "Try Again!" or "Play again!". Maybe make the players score larger and more centric upon losing. Also, having a "-1" or +1" pop in/out over the monster/girl when you lose or gain a candy may be a nice addition.

Anyway, these are just suggestions. I like the game! I keep trying to beat my old high score. smile

Thank you very much! Those are all great recommendations that will certainly be added to the next version. I really like the "-1" or "+1" when you lose or gain. I think that would make the scoring much easier to keep track of.