Topic: Thank you, Duane

Thank you for keeping Chumbys alive!

Amy in Kansas City

Re: Thank you, Duane

You're very welcome, Amy.

Yes. Thanks Duane.

Thanks - I look forward to you bringing my Chumbys back to life!

I've had my Chumby running almost non-stop since I bought it, in 2008. I've only had it on the clock/weather widget for the last several years. I was pleasantly surprised to see a Star Trek GUI on the clock a few days ago, I see now why it changed. Goes great with the Star Trek marathon I've been doing

Glad you're keeping this service going, thank you

I would also like to thank you, love my Chumby's, miss the widgets.

Thanks Duane!   I was aware that changes were coming (ie service ending), but didn't know the when.   So my Chumby Classic rebooted last night and then I knew.  I have been searching all evening through the forum and found it hard to find a clear plan of attack.  I checked on the Facebook page too.  I am one of the "non-developers" in the Chumby community that loves his Internet alarm clock.  My main "need" is a weather widget like the old NOAA one or the Yahoo one.  I know you have lots on your plate, but is there even a tentative date for when more widgets may be available?  Thanks again for all the hard work to date.  Unfortunately I don't have much to offer other than an outsiders point of view.

Nick in VA

Another shout out to Duane! Thanks for what you've done to keep the community alive. I think this is where it will become even more fun. My daughter and I have enjoyed our Chumby's for years and it's been a fun thing to share with her. The fact that we can still access Pandora and alarms is great.

It's terrific that the Chumby concept is being kept alive. I've had my Chumby running continuously in the years since I bought it. It's part of life. Thanks for keeping it alive. I look forward to the future of Chumby. Sincere thanks!

I'd like to add my thanks. My kids and I miss using our Chumby as it was! I'll keep an eye out for ways to contribute to getting it back on its feet. Er, tentacles, perhaps?

Yes, big thank you Duane. I miss my favorite clock, but I would miss my day of the week alarms and nice poofy snooze button much more.

I'd like to add my thanks, too.  I'd be more than willing to help keep this service running.

Just wanted to add my thanks for keeping my 2 Chumby's up and running. Thank you!

Likewise. I'll need to drop back to something offline until the RSS reader widget returns (that's all I need it for), but I look forward to resuming normal service.

Thank you big_smile

Keep up the good work Duane!! We're here for you! I have 4 Chumbys 1 Classic Black Leather, 3 Chumby Ones (one still in the box) and I'm not ready to give up! I've woke up to pandora on my Chumby Classic thousands of times!

Hang in there, let us help!

another thumbs up for Duane.  couldn't possibly say enough good about him, he's helped me directly in the past, and I can't express enough my thanks.

Cleaning up any loose bits and bytes.

Thank you - Duane - as owner of 3 and a hacker board...and several t-shirts...

Tshirts?  Do want!

Linux Guy - Occasional Chumby Hacker

Maybe use T-Shirts as a fundraiser if/when it gets to that point? I'd definitely buy 10!

Another quick 'Thank You'!

My Chumby has been a great ride so far, I can wait to see where it takes me.

Thanks Duane, we owe it all to you.

'Nuther thanks y'all! BTW my login creds carried over fine.

23 (edited by cfg83 2013-04-27 09:31:04)

Hello -

YATY (yet another thank you).  All I can say is :

FAT CAT LIVES !!!

cfg83

Hi All...  I dropped out of the Chumby world for a few months when my power supply fried (Thank you Hurricane Sandy power grid damage).  Took awhile to go through my stash of old power bricks till I found one spec'd right that I cobbled together.  For certain I thought I would find dead air but low and behold, not only did my C1 come back to life but I also found that there was hope in keeping Chumby alive thanks to Duane. 

So to Duane, the good Doktor (and others I'm sure) and the efforts they and the community are doing to keep this alive., I say thanks!