Topic: I 3.5 power supply problem

I bought a infocast 3.5 recently on ebay and the power supply they provided does not work. It has a yellow tip but it is loose fitting in the power connection and cuts out and does strange things. I plug the new info into my other little infocast's power supply and it works great. The guy I bought it from is looking for a replacement. I have looked here locally and trying to find a way to make it work. I bought a cell phone charger and spliced in another yellow tip connector but that tip wobbles like the one I got from the seller. What is the trick? What kind of tip do I need to use to get this chum working? I know you have to 5v 2A or close but the tip seems to be the problem for me. Is the yellow tip a standard tip or am I off base? At first I thought the plugin part of the p/s sent was the problem. It says it is 5v 0.6A. It has a screw in tip that can be changed out with other tips. On one end is the yellow tip to insert into the chumby and looks like a 3.5 audio plug with one black band on it on the other end that screws into the rest of the power supply. But it is not making good contact in the back of the chumby. I wish I could just get the real deal chumby power supply or infocast or whatever so this would work.

Owner of 3 Sony Dash, 2 Info 8.

Re: I 3.5 power supply problem

Demarks51,

Did you read this post?

http://forum.chumby.com/viewtopic.php?id=8438

Tar, feathers, congress. Some assembly required.

I have several times. I had a question about the appropriate tips on the power supply. There seems to be tips that fit but do not work. I am trying to find the exact one I need. The power supply that is working for both small infos has a black ring around the end. It has a very nice snug fit. The yellow tipped one fits into the channel but flops some and the chum does not seem to like it at all. I had a universal power supply that went dead so I sliced the interchangable part on to another plugin. I just can't find the correct tip to put into the end. There is none in the 10 or so tips in this set that really fits and works.

In the process, I am coming to see that the amperage is vital too. I have to find plugin part that has the 2A minimum as welll as the 5v. The multiplug universal power supplies I have seen are 300mA up to 1200mA output.

Absolutely - you must have a supply that delivers at least 2A (2000mA).

I got the 2000a part. I just got to splice the correct tip to it.