Re: yet another squeezebox widget

Mmm. Can you tell me the exactly name of this folder?

You need to download the file from my previous post.
then you take xml folder from the archive: \squeezeboxserver-7.5.5.tgz\squeezeboxserver-7.5.5.tar\squeezeboxserver-7.5.5-32671\HTML\xml\
then you upload the xml to your QNAP: /share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/HTML/
now it should work!

53 (edited by SvenC 2012-04-11 08:33:35)

Thanks Asche.
Now the app is working. Fein. smile

btw. Thank you for the other information, but can I use subsonic with the Squeezeboxes resp. with the Squeezeserver?

A question to the developer:
Okay. With helping by trockenasche, your app is working fine for me with the latest Squeezeserver.
Now I can see the picture view is fix for a specified resolution. Is this correct? The cover is sharp and crispy and without artifacts, but it is really small. Do you use my 200*200 pixel resolution?
When "yes" it is okay, but the fontsize for artist and title is a little bit small. Can you resize this please? I can see all the other information on left side below. This is good.
I have two wishes.

1. When I use another size for cover (500*500 pixel for example), can your app resize this resolution internal, because actual I see the fixed resolution for all pixel sizes. It would be better your app can handle variable sizes and can use the native resolution.
2. A better font size would be great (if "No" for 1.).

3. Sometimes I can see the artist name, sometimes not. All my files are tagged - correct and completely.

Thanks in advance. smile

Thanks SvenC for the heads up - somehow I missed the notification that someone had posted in here again.

Nice to see that the old XML skin works if you manually copy it over. To make things easier, I've packaged up the old XML skin as a plugin; if you have added my Squeezebox repository to install the Cross-Domain Policy plugin, you should see a new Squeezebox XML Skin plugin. If you have already manually installed the XML skin, then don't bother about using the plugin - it is exactly the same thing.

I've had a look today at migrating away from the XML skin - the recommended way of doing it now is to use the /jsonrpc.js endpoint. Unfortunately, because of the way that has been designed, it is incompatible with the Flash implementation on Chumby (specifically, /jsonrpc.js requires the JSON request to be in the content, and only the JSON request, but Flash Lite doesn't have an API to do that; you can use XML which will XML-encode the string and confuse SBS, or you can try LoadVars which even after some hacking, URL encodes the content, which again confuses SBS). Therefore this unsupported hack seems to be the only way to do it besides creating an entirely new SBS plugin just for this sad

As for the font sizes and the album art issues - do you mind taking a photo of your Chumby and making that available here? Here's what I see in the simulator - http://imgur.com/HK3Yv

I suspect the artist name issues you have maybe because the name contains characters other than the English alphabet, e.g. accents. AFAIK, Chumby doesn't deal well with that, but I can't say I've tried either.

55 (edited by SvenC 2012-07-01 14:05:10)

Hi samuel.
Sorry for late answering.

Here the photo of my chumby8 with pics 200*200 pixelsize
I know, the size is really small, but a larger pic decreases the performance of the squeezeserver / -touch.
In my mind, the font size is really small. You can see this on my photo. On your sim. it look's fine. big_smile

AND you can see the other bug, but it seems there was an incorrect tagging. I re-tagged for testing this album and now I can see the artist, too. Mmmh. It seems, a re-tagging does not fix problems with the artist-view. Another album does not show the artist.
There are only tags like "artist", "title" etc. It is a standard tagging....

http://s7.directupload.net/images/120701/dvs6fgnk.jpg

56 (edited by samuel337 2012-07-21 04:06:12)

SvenC wrote:

I know, the size is really small, but a larger pic decreases the performance of the squeezeserver / -touch.
In my mind, the font size is really small. You can see this on my photo. On your sim. it look's fine. big_smile

I've uploaded a new version - refresh your channel and have a look.

SvenC wrote:

AND you can see the other bug, but it seems there was an incorrect tagging. I re-tagged for testing this album and now I can see the artist, too. Mmmh. It seems, a re-tagging does not fix problems with the artist-view. Another album does not show the artist.
There are only tags like "artist", "title" etc. It is a standard tagging....

Haven't seen this before. Can you put one of those songs on the playlist that have this issue, visit this address (replacing 'squeezeboxserver' with the address of our server) http://squeezeboxserver/xml/status.xml and give me that output (PM me if you want)? If there's too much text, all I'm really interested in is the text between <current_song> and </current_song>.

57 (edited by SvenC 2012-07-21 09:58:08)

Thank you. smile

I will try the next version.
I updated all my tags (Now, I use only the simple tags such artist / album / title etc.). We will see if the problem still existing. wink

/edit

Now, it looks great. Picture size perfect. Font size perfect. Almost perfect.
A big THANK to you. And thanks for XML settings, so it is easier to install your app in future. smile
Now, I can use the chumby 8 as squeezebox viewer. big_smile

btw. Now, the artist viewing is working. Tried with different albums. It could be that the wrong tagging was the trouble maker.

http://s7.directupload.net/images/120721/ynb7c2h3.jpg

58 (edited by SvenC 2012-07-21 10:57:14)

Another question to you, samuel.

When the Squeezebox is offline, your app is writing "powered off". So far so good.
Normally, I use the "nightmode" of the chumby 8. Is it possible when your app is going into the "offline mode" that your app will use the "nightmode" after awhile (10 min for example)?

I mean following:
- Nightmode
- your app is selected as current app
- I start the squeezebox
- your app is awakening and starts in "viewing mode" so that I can see the album / artist
- after music listening -> the squeezebox is going offline
- your app is going to the "offline mode" (incl. display the message "powered off")
- your app is starting the chumby 8 "nightmode"
- I re-start the squeezebox
and so on

Is THAT possible? big_smile

The other one is, that I stop the NAS (incl. NAS shutdown), your app is not re-starting again, but it is still in mode "powered off".

SvenC wrote:

When the Squeezebox is offline, your app is writing "powered off". So far so good.
Normally, I use the "nightmode" of the chumby 8. Is it possible when your app is going into the "offline mode" that your app will use the "nightmode" after awhile (10 min for example)?

Unfortunately (and possibly fortunately as well), widgets cannot change the mode that Chumby is operating in, for the same reason they can't change your music or alarms - it would be quite annoying if widgets were randomly putting Chumby into night-mode!

SvenC wrote:

The other one is, that I stop the NAS (incl. NAS shutdown), your app is not re-starting again, but it is still in mode "powered off".

So it isn't detecting your Squeezebox when your NAS switches on again?

Hi samuel,
can you update the git repository ?
thanks.

61 (edited by SvenC 2012-07-24 15:05:57)

Hi samuel.
Thanks for your information.

It is not so important... The other thing with the working view is much important. smile
btw. I re-tagged my pics to 500*500 pixelsize and now it is perfect. 200*200 pixelsize was too less for a display like 8".

No. Your app does not recognise the NAS-startup incl. Squeezeboxserver-startup. The app remains in "powered off" status.

msharp42 wrote:

Hi samuel,
can you update the git repository ?
thanks.

I updated it on the day I wrote the post - you need to look at the chumby.com-800x600 branch for the 800x600 version. See https://github.com/slai/sbController/tr … m-800x600.