1 (edited by macfrugal 2012-05-01 10:07:30)

Topic: Is the Pandora widget broken? Or is Chumby broken?

First of all, I feel a bit like one of a few survivors in a post-apocalyptic Chumby world. It's sad seeing the boards filled up with spam and no one moderating.

Regardless, Pandora is down on both of my Chumbys (Chumbies?). Will it be coming back?

Any chance Best Buy will take these back now?

Re: Is the Pandora widget broken? Or is Chumby broken?

oh crap, you are right!  bummer, it worked earlier today.

I hope someone fixes it soon.  I will have to enjoy Pandora from my laptop....what a drag.

cheers,

elgeek

Wasn't working yesterday, Duane got it working yesterday/earlier today, and now it's broken again.

Would this problem be fixed by installing Zurk's Offline Firmware?

Looks like it may be down again.

The server is up and green - it's possible the problem is on Pandora's end.  It seems to be timing out.

OK, it appears that whatever was wrong fixed itself.  We didn't do anything to our server, so it may have been an upstream problem.

I'm seeing Pandora working on my C1 again.  smile

It's actually bouncing up and down.

Duane, thanks for being there.  Good to know someone is watching out for us!

cheers,

elgeek

Yes, thanks, Duane!

Now there's a message that says, "I'm sorry Pandora is currently unavailable."

It works on my computer.

It's our Pandora web service that seems to be bouncing, not the main web site.  It seems that it's being *very* slow to respond, to the point where our server is timing out and sending an error message to the client.

I's possible this behavior is happening entirely within the mungboy server, not at Pandora.  We'll figure it out.

Hello.  I checked my Infocast 3.5 and Pandora is still unavailable as of 5:45a on the east coast.  The radio streams I know of work fine.  Is there anyone at Pandora I can contact for us?  I went to their site and they don't list Chumby's, Dash's or Infocasts anymore.  The internet radio boxes are as close as I can get.

I just bought my infocast as a closeout on ebay because I figured it's pretty cool alarm clock for my guest room and the Infocast 8 I am expecting to receive would make a decent photo frame for the price I paid.  I thought the remaining apps would still receive support.  However, I noticed last night that a lot of the apps (NYT, People, Cnet, for ex.) do not work.  They just get skipped over.  Any one else noticing other apps not working as well?

Thank you everyone.

if Pandora keeps screwing things up I guess it is time to look for (or develop) a Spotify app for Chumby.

If there isn't already a Spotify for Chumby, perhaps we contribute to a developer to make one for us?

cheers,

elgeek

fakechumby wrote:

I went to their site and they don't list Chumby's, Dash's or Infocasts anymore.

Chumby is listed on this page, along with the Sony dash (scroll to "Table-Top Devices").

To my knowledge, there is no change in the business relationship with Pandora.

According to posts on Sony's forum, it appears the Sony dash is also currently having troubles with Pandora - the dash uses a completely different (BIVL) implementation.

If that's true, then it would also affect most of their smart TVs, which would certainly get their attention.

Thank you Duane for looking into it and reporting back.  I have a Sony Google TV and Pandora is working fine.  I just checked my Infocast 3.5 and it's still reporting that Pandora is unavailable.  But I think the Google TV is different from other smart TV's so I don't know if that's conclusive enough to be of help.

Hopefully it will be working again soon on them.

19 (edited by Chumbyfan29 2012-05-03 17:43:51)

Another thanks to Duane for filling us in on the status.  I've got a 3.5 inch infocast and we listen to Pandora on it daily--so it's a big loss when it's down.  Let's hope it gets back up running again.  I appreciate the info this forum provides!

Well, it only took 3 years for me to register here...because honestly in 3 years I haven't had a problem that didn't resolve itself in under a few hours... till now.

Duane, you do a hell of a job man, so I'm sure you've been on this more than I have been...

Any news today?

Pandora has been restored.

Whoo, go Duane smile

I appreciate getting Pandora back. It is wonderful to go to sleep to or whatever the occasion.

Owner of 3 Sony Dash, 2 Info 8.

Thank you Duane for figuring it out.  It started working for me as well.