Topic: chumby.com can't be reached

Both of my chumbys are displaying this for two days. Reboot doesn't help.  Is the site down?

Re: chumby.com can't be reached

No, both my Chumby 1 and C8 are operating fine here in the NY area. I rebooted one to make sure it came back on, and it did. I'm no tecchie at all, but could it be your wi-fi connection? I know in the past people have suggested trying connecting by Ethernet if you have the adapter. Or, see if your Chumby says it's connected, but can't get through to Chumby. Another thing I remember being suggested is to make sure it's not a firewall problem. That's all I can remember from reading old posts! Try searching the forums for similar issues, where the smarter folks may have answered this in the past. Hopefully, a real Chumbian or moderator will come across your question. It might draw more attention if you re-posted it in the "Chumby, the Device" thread. This 'service' thread is just full of complaints, rather than technical problems. Good luck.

I've  had both operationalfor al,ost two years, and all my other wifi connections work...ipod touch, laptop etc.  I have checked settings on my modem and nothing has changed....puzzled.

Odd... maybe try deleting your network settings from the Chumbies and recreating them?  I just fired up one of my Chumbies last night that had been sitting in my desk for a week or two, and it happily connected and started running.

There are no known problems with the system at this time.  All servers are operating normally.

I have reset my modem and reentered all the info in BOTH chumbies and still, it either cannot connect to network, can't get an IP address or says that chumby.com is unreachable.

I would think the problem was on my end but I have two of these that both stopped working a the same time.  What are the odds?

I have a laptop, a Roku and a Ipod Touch that are all connecting normally.

Something must be going wrong with the chumby server end.  I also can't seem to get to chumby.com forma regular browser on my computer.  hmmmmm....

Also  chumby.com  can't be reached by a regular browser ...however update.chumby.com is acting like the normal home site.  What's up?

All of chumby's servers are working normally, everything showing green.

I've rebooted several of my home devices (all different types), and everything's working fine.

This has to be something at your end.

Wow. For the life of me I can't figure what.  As I said, all my other devices using wireless are working fine, Ipod Touch, Roku, laptop, etc., and both chumbies are displaying "failed to obtain IP address" & "chumby.com is unreachable."  I've checked firewall settings, rebooted both chumbies at least a dozen times and even re-entered  all network and passwords a number of times.  What could be affecting BOTH of them?

A tantalizing new development.  I get through all of the steps and finally got a connection confirmed screen, listing all the ip connection info, and then...the screen went blank...then the chumby octo, then "Initializing...."  a reboot....ok

I go through the connecting process again...chumby.com is unreachable....argh!!

The other chumby is also off line in the same manner.

Azogue try my offline firmware.

"failure to obtain IP address" means that the device can't get an IP from the LAN's DHCP server.

Usually this is because the access point or router is either filtering by MAC address, or has been configured to limit the number of devices.

You can try entering a manual IP in the range that your AP would normally allocate.

I've had the same problem since January.  I get no response from anyone at Chumby.  It has been connected to my wireless network since the day I bought it and now will no longer connect.  It's NOT my network.   I've tried entering a manual IP as well.  No dice.  SOMETHING is wrong with the Chumby.   It's not even a year old yet.