Topic: iheartradio beta

Hi!!! I'm in Spain so I don't know if it's the reason, but none of the stations have audio...I can see them and change them, but no sound!

Re: iheartradio beta

Apparently iheartradio is blocking to devices outside the US, just like Pandora.

Yes, I have the same thing with Pandora as you mention...what a pity... sad

It appears that iheartradio cannot be selected as the audio source for an alarm.  Is this correct?  If so, will this feature be added in the near future?  Thanks.

Yes and Yes

Does anyone have an update about a potential ETA for iheartradio as an alarm option?

Duane wrote:

Apparently iheartradio is blocking to devices outside the US, just like Pandora.

its crazy: in webbrowser on the computer i can listen to iheartradio (here in germany) just on chumby there is no sound.
(and both in the same network with the same IP)

Can some of you try the proxy connection with a us server and see if that takes care of the problem? There is a threat about how to use a proxy connection.

Madefl wrote:

proxy connection with a us server and see if that takes care of the problem?

you do not nead a proxy to listen to iheart-radio in germany -  it works with any webbrowser.

just the software in the chumby has a little mistake and plays no sound.

Well I'm in the US and the iheartradio work on my chumby. So my point is - since they seem to block users outside the usa - why not connect your Chumby via a us proxy to make Pandora and Iheartradio believe you are in the usa. Then it should work which mean play music.

So could someone try to connect via a us proxy and see if it works?

spunk_ wrote:

just the software in the chumby has a little mistake and plays no sound.

It's not a mistake - our contract with iheartradio requires it to be limited to the US on the device.

Their access policies fro web browsers and/or from their own site, or on other devices, might be quite different.

Duane wrote:

our contract with iheartradio requires it to be limited to the US on the device

thats an answer - thanks.

is it possible to integrate flatcast instead? it should work for the german users.

It would nice if you have a possibility to change the contract with iheartradio.
Do you have?
I doesn't know how is the handling of content fees in other countrys but I thought here in Germany it give nothing which is possible to handle content which has not a content fee wink

Is there still a plan to include iheartradio as an option for custom alarms?

I've written how you can listen to iHeartradio and you've marked it as a spam?!
I don't care. I'm still listening to it and you can go f*** yourself wink

Pex wrote:

I've written how you can listen to iHeartradio and you've marked it as a spam?!
I don't care. I'm still listening to it and you can go f*** yourself wink

We use an automated spam filtering system - it occasionally does false positives.

What you as users *don't* see, is that it catches several dozen spam posts and dozens of spammer accounts per day.  On some days, I clear out as many as 50 fake accounts.  Every now and then, probably once or twice a day, one of these accounts manages to successfully post something that shows up in the forum.

We've even banned entire countries from the ability to post on the forum - before we did that, the number of fake accounts and posts numbered in the hundreds per day.  These were not bots creating these accounts - these were actual people in these countries hired to manually create them.