1 (edited by Sorwen 2012-01-19 13:54:25)

Topic: I know this isn't really the right place to ask

I know this really isn't the place to ask, but I'm getting no help from Sony and the registration site uses chumby's domain so I figured it couldn't hurt to ask here.  When I try to register my Sony Dash(https://dash.chumby.com/dash/associate_new) and thus link it to my new Chumby account(created two days ago) it fails.  It gives the message "translation missing: en, invalid_username_or_password" and wipes out the Chumby password(the create both at once always failed with invalid registration code).

So the question becomes who's servers is the registration occurring on?  If it is on Chumby's is it failing because of the Chumby registration or could it be the Sony one(have to love it doesn't say which one fails)?

Re: I know this isn't really the right place to ask

The Sony and Chumby services are now completely separate.

However, Sony is temporarily using one of chumby's domains (dash.chumby.com) - this will change shortly.  Even though it's a chumby domain it has nothing to do with chumby.

Re: I know this isn't really the right place to ask

Duane wrote:

The Sony and Chumby services are now completely separate.

However, Sony is temporarily using one of chumby's domains (dash.chumby.com) - this will change shortly.  Even though it's a chumby domain it has nothing to do with chumby.

Thanks.  I figured as much, but I hoped that wasn't the case.