Topic: Chumby template for Flash authoring tool

As I said in another post Flash 8 authoring tool allows for the creation of templates for mobile devices.
The templates can do a couple of thing:
1) create a template application (basically set correct width/height for the device, set the correct publishing settings and prepopulate the FLA)
2) configure the FlashLite emulator (look&feel, capabilities,buttons,etc.)

This blog explains how to create such a template and has an example for the iRiver u10:
http://www.scottjanousek.com/blog/?p=180

Since I have it installed for my u10, I made a copy and changed to work for the Chumby.
You can download a preliminary version from here:
http://www.aromatic.org/chumby/Chumby.zip

This is very preliminary! It's a copy of the u10, with the u10 screen and the u10 buttons. It also says that your Chumby can do anything the u10 does (but as a FlashLite 2.0 device).

To use it, download the zip file and expand it in C:/Program Files/Macromedia/Flash 8.
Then open the Flash authoring tool, create a new file from a template and pick the template  "chumby_chumby" from the "Global Phones" category.

You should get a new stage with a 320x240 gray box and you should be able to add stuff to it, save it and test it.
If you are lucky you'll get the emulator with a screen that looks like... the IRiver u10 (but it should say something like "non official chumby template".

Now I need a real Chumby to test what it can really do and "fix" the template accordingly smile

Enjoy!

-- Raffaele

Re: Chumby template for Flash authoring tool

Sounds sweet, no chumby to test it on sad

~Ryan~

Shortly you will be able to test your applications using the "virtual chumby" that you see on your configuration page on chumby.com. Right now, the chumby will display the widgets that are available on the chumby network, but I believe Duane and Ken are working on a way to allow developers to test/show their widgets on the virtual chumby before having/requiring actual chumby hardware.

Joe

I uploaded a new version that looks like a Chumby and hopefully works like a Chumby.

Enjoy!