Topic: Sleep Sounds Gone Idle

For last couple of days, I cannot get any of the sleep sounds within music. Any known issues?

Re: Sleep Sounds Gone Idle

I just tried them all on my Classic - they all seem to work except for "Snoring".

Chumby One here and no luck. hmm

Anyone else having issues with Sleep Sounds?

@morningside - we just verified that "Sleep Sounds" is working on two of our lab chumbies.  Please feel free to come see us in support  (http://www.chumby.com/pages/help_support)

---> Control Panel > Music > Sleep Sounds> tap Play button on any sleep sound feed

- chumby support

will do, thanks

Behaving better, but still not up to par. It just happened, no changes were made as a result of support page. I used to be able to get the sleep sounds to continue to morning. Now, even with the timer off and set to 240 minutes, it cuts out in the night and I have to reset. I am also trying the sleep sound generator app, which also cuts out. tongue

Well, here's the thing - we don't actually stream the sleep sounds. All we provide is the list you see.

The streams themselves come from several different servers scattered all over the place, which makes it all the more odd that they all fail for you.

Here's another thing to keep in mind with Internet radio streams - unlike broadcast radio, each listener incurs an incremental cost to the provider.  Many providers will cut off a stream after a certain amount of time, just to make sure someone's actually listening to the stream (if they're really there, they'll reconnect).  All providers can support a fixed number of listeners at any given time - when they get near the limit, they'll often cut off the listeners that have been listening the longest to let other people have a chance.

OK, thanks very much.

10 (edited by kriston 2011-09-26 18:52:54)

Nearly all of the Sleep Sounds are on a loop.
I wonder if we could develop an alternative one that downloads just the loop into local memory and then plays the loops locally without any internet connection.

I'm glad snoring is gone, that was gross.

kriston wrote:

Nearly all of the Sleep Sounds are on a loop.
I wonder if we could develop an alternative one that downloads just the loop into local memory and then plays the loops locally without any internet connection.

I'd like that.
I'd like to use the Chumby for sleep sounds, but I don't want to have to upgrade my internet plan to cover the amount of extra downloading involved in running sounds from the internet all night.

You can always put some sounds on a USB stick, and play it from there.