Re: yet another squeezebox widget

Ah okay. Thank you for your hint. I will try another setting. big_smile

@SvenC - I've just uploaded a new version of the widget for 800x600 devices. Just refreshing the channel containing the widget should be enough to get your Chumby to load the new version. I've shrunken the space allocated for the cover art, moved a few things around, and added a very rudimentary time bar.

The time bar needs a bit more work to make it update continuously, instead of only redrawing when the widget fetches data from the server.

Let me know how that looks on your Chumby8, particularly the cover art.

Thanks for your update, samuel.
I will test it during the next days. smile

29 (edited by SvenC 2011-08-23 05:53:05)

Mmmh. No way to fetch my devices. sad
Last days, I updated with server version 7.6.1-33002 on NAS.
Now, your viewer does not connect to any device.

I did all required things (such x certificate and re-updating the widget).
Now I can see another font size, but the the widget means "Getting Default's player state....", but I can select any player...only this message occurs.
This message is coming when I use the MAC-adress (player ID) on widget configuration.
Without MAC-address (only IP-adress incl. port), I can see the message "Error when getting players".

/edit
With 7.6.1 - r33110 the same problem.

SvenC wrote:

Without MAC-address (only IP-adress incl. port), I can see the message "Error when getting players".

Sorry, the chumby forums decided to not notify me of your post.

Can you try the following URLs for me on your network?

http://<squeezeboxserver_ip>/xml/status_header.xml - Just let me know if this works and contains at least one player.

http://<squeezeboxserver_ip>/crossdomain.xml - can you post the contents of this? There shouldn't be anything private in here. Otherwise, make sure *.chumby.com is listed.

I've running a beta release of Squeezebox Server 7.6. I can't really test the issues you're having because the PC emulator doesn't run with the security restrictions that the Chumby runs under.

Hi samuel. No Problem. big_smile

Okay, I try both addresses.
For first address, following error message occurs: "The requested URL "/xml/status_header.xml" was not found on this server.
For the second address, the same message occurs: "The requested URL "/crossdomain.xml" was not found on this server.

I have checked the policy settings on NAS. The entry is existing and the *.chumby.com is listed.

SvenC wrote:

Hi samuel. No Problem. big_smile

Okay, I try both addresses.
For first address, following error message occurs: "The requested URL "/xml/status_header.xml" was not found on this server.
For the second address, the same message occurs: "The requested URL "/crossdomain.xml" was not found on this server.

I have checked the policy settings on NAS. The entry is existing and the *.chumby.com is listed.

I to am running the lastest SqueezeBox Server and I have tested the same two URLs.  "/crossdomain.xml" comes bac fine, but the "/xml/status_header.xml" does not. It looks like some things have changed on this new release.

Are you on NAS?

34 (edited by samuel337 2011-09-03 22:57:46)

SvenC wrote:

Turns out they removed the XML 'skin' from 7.6 (http://svn.slimdevices.com/repos/slim/7 … elog7.html). Thanks netrickster for confirming it.

You'll have to wait til I get round to upgrading my Squeezebox Server before I can look at reworking the widget; possibly next weekend.

SvenC wrote:

Netrickster says the plugin still works on 7.6, so maybe there's a configuration issue there? Again, I can't really see what's wrong until I upgrade.

EDIT: Just had a quick look at the alternate method for accessing the data from the server (JSON/RPC), and I don't think the Flash Lite player on the Chumby will support it. I have a further look later, but this sounds like bad news. The easiest workaround is probably to re-install the XML skin, assuming it is still compatible.

Hi samuel.

Thanks for your help.
My server is working on NAS. I don't know if it's important for you resp. for the installation, hence my question to netrickster.
I will try again (incl. removing the policy).
Do you have a path for me? Where can I find your files for checking? smile

The other one:
# XML Web-UI skin removed. Use CLI or JSON/RPC instead.
Is that the trouble maker?

Re-installed
Same as before....

SvenC wrote:

My server is working on NAS. I don't know if it's important for you resp. for the installation, hence my question to netrickster.
I will try again (incl. removing the policy).
Do you have a path for me? Where can I find your files for checking? smile

It shouldn't matter if you're on a NAS or not. How are you installing Squeezebox Server? Using the QNAP package?

The plugin should be installed in the .sbcache directory (which may have been renamed by QNAP), under InstalledPlugins/Plugins/CrossDomainPolicy. There should be 4 files and a HTML directory in there, with a few more files under that.

Is the plugin enabled?

SvenC wrote:

The other one:
# XML Web-UI skin removed. Use CLI or JSON/RPC instead.
Is that the trouble maker?

Yep. I may have to distribute the old XML Web-UI skin and make installation of that a pre-requisite as well. The new way is JSON-RPC, which is fine, but the Flash player inside Chumby is limited in what HTTP calls it can make, and I don't think it is possible to make the calls required (HTTP POST with custom content, not form content).

Hi samuel
Yes, I use a QNAP NAS with Q-Package.

The plugin is enabled after server-restart, but your test link give me the error message above.

I will search the files on NAS.

SvenC wrote:

I will search the files on NAS.

Can you also check the log file if there is one? It may be in the same sbcache directory, possibly inside a logs directory?

40 (edited by SvenC 2011-09-06 11:57:20)

Okaaaay.
My session says following paths:

/share/HDA_DATA/.qpkg/SqueezeBoxServer/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/CrossDomainPolicy

I can find 4 files (plus HTML path)

install.xml
Plugin.pm
Settings.pm
strings.txt

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the crossdomain.xml could be found on this path

/share/HDA_DATA/.qpkg/SqueezeBoxServer/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/CrossDomainPolicy/HTML/EN/plugins/CrossDomainPolicy

Do you need an information about file content?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Which kind of log files do you mean?
The normal log files are in path:
/share/HDA_DATA/.qpkg/SqueezeBoxServer/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Logs

perfmon.log
scanner.log
server.log

last server start:
[11-09-06 18:02:30     ] ssctrl Starting SqueezeboxServer 7.6.1-33110.
[11-09-06 18:02:31     ] ssctrl Using system mysqld: /usr/local/mysql/libexec/mysqld
[11-09-06 18:02:32     ] ssctrl Command line = /opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/slimserver.pl  --daemon --pidfile /opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Cache/squeezecenter.pid --cachedir /opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Cache --logdir /opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Logs --prefsdir /opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Prefs --priority -10 --user ssods --group ssods --httpport 9001
[11-09-06 18:02:57.0465] main::init (350) Starting Squeezebox Server (v7.6.1, r33110, Wed Aug 17 19:53:42 MDT 2011) perl 5.010000
[11-09-06 18:02:57.0450] main::init (350) Starting Squeezebox Server (v7.6.1, r33110, Wed Aug 17 19:53:42 MDT 2011) perl 5.010000
[11-09-06 18:02:57     ] ssctrl SqueezeboxServer started.
[11-09-06 18:02:57     ] ssctrl Setting nice level to -10

crossdomainpolicy.prefs found on
/share/HDA_DATA/.qpkg/SqueezeBoxServer/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Prefs/plugin

SvenC wrote:

Okaaaay.
My session says following paths:

/share/HDA_DATA/.qpkg/SqueezeBoxServer/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/CrossDomainPolicy

It all looks good; I can't really see anything wrong. Are there any errors in the log files, i.e. any lines with the word error in it?

I'd love to try and help further, but until I upgrade to 7.6.1, I can't really work out what's wrong. At some point I will upgrade, but I don't have the time at the moment to potentially break my server. Even when you get this working, you still need the XML skin again, so I'll have to work out how to do that too.

mmmh. no errors found regarding your files.
With future updates, the behaviour will not change...

WoW; Sam337, you're my hero! I've been frantic all day...trying to find an inexpensive alternative to an iPad(2) or Android-based tablet, to act as remote...and ONLY remote...for my Squeezebox Touch. My argument is, since I DON'T want to play games, and DON'T want to send email, and DON'T want to surf the web, and DON'T want to post on Facebook; all I want is a dumb, web-device to sit on my coffee-table, and control the SBT...on a big, bright, colorful, touchscreen...it shouldn't cost me an arm and a leg.

But everybody wants these devices to do a million things these days, and I just want it to do ONE. I came across the Insignia 8 (or Chumby 8), and thought to myself "that's PERFECT"! Right size, comes with its own stand...and the price is certainly right. I even posted in the SBT forum, about anyway to make it work.

Low and behold, it looks like you've developed the app/widget for it? I read through the thread; is your development "dead", or do you think I can count on this to work on an "8"?

Thanks!
CD

Hey,
I have the same problem that I have the Server in Version 7.7.1 and the is no XML skin.
I can see in the Log from Server that the sbController from Chumby is trying to get a file from there and it's returning 404.
Any chance that the sbController gona work without XML skin?
Or maybe to get the Skin back to work in 7.7?
thanks!

Where is no reaction from widget creator since months. sad

You can try sending him a forum email... click his name to the left, and there should be an option to send the forum email.

47 (edited by SvenC 2012-03-11 05:43:29)

Yes, I dit it in past, but he knows that there is still a problem with this widget. wink

I hope, anyone writes an widget that works with the current squeezserver. big_smile

put the skin under html, redirect the server and it should work fine in my offline firmware.

49 (edited by SvenC 2012-03-11 14:47:04)

As workaround I can use the whole Logitech HTML GUI (via brwoser plugin), but I need only a viewer, not the complete GUI.

50 (edited by trockenasche 2012-04-03 10:46:28)

I just got it back to working.
I download an old squeezbox server from here: http://downloads.slimdevices.com/Squeez … -7.5.5.tgz
I took  the xml folder from the file and put it to my logitech media server (now 7.7.2)
then I started the widget and it works!

@SvenC BTW: I have also a QNAP NAS