Topic: Chumby White Screen of Death - Crashes(?) After I Turn Blender On

I placed the Chumby One in a kitchen (far away from water).  On several occasions, when I turn my blender on, the Chumby One goes to a white screen and I must unplug the power adapter.  After 10 seconds I plug the Chumby One power adapter back in and I am back in business.

Questions:
Am I causing any harm to the Chumby One?

Is there anything I can do to avoid this situation besides relocating the Chumby One to a separate circuit that is practical?

Re: Chumby White Screen of Death - Crashes(?) After I Turn Blender On

Why not try putting the Chumby One in the blender and then turning it on? (The blender, I mean).

Ok, just kidding.....   big_smile

You might try using one of these or something similar for the blender to reduce line noise.

http://www.theenergydetective.com/plug- … ise-filter

Brian, #1 Joan Jett Fan

Is line noise most likely the culprit here?

Kurtois wrote:

Is line noise most likely the culprit here?

Well, I have had my problems with various radio receivers over the years with line noise getting into the audio circuits, perhaps some spurious noise is disturbing a circuit in your chumby's adapter. Did you try the two items on different circuits? Is the blender an old one? Perhaps it has an outsized motor which causes a momentary drain of several amps?

Brian, #1 Joan Jett Fan

The blender was purchased on woot.com this year.  2011.  Waring blender.  Originally sold at Williams Sonoma.