Re: .

I've also been having alarm issues since sometime 2 weeks ago. I've been on the beta software and have since switched to non-beta software and the problem remains.

I have a couple of alarms setup on my chumby one, I.e at 7:15 and 7:30 and I also have alarms set for night mode and day mode at 10pm and 8am respectively. 

For the past week or so, between 7 and 8 am the backup alarm will come on and no amount of screen touching will turn it off, the only way is for me to turn off the chumby. The backup alarm even comes on when I don't have an audio alarm set for that day, for example on the weekends. This has become very annoying and I have resorted to keep the chumby off at all times.

The problem I'm seeing, and haven't seen mentioned, is that an alarm with "night mode on" as an action actually TOGGLES night mode. ie, If it is already in night mode when the alarm triggers, it turns night mode off.

dougrb wrote:

The problem I'm seeing, and haven't seen mentioned, is that an alarm with "night mode on" as an action actually TOGGLES night mode. ie, If it is already in night mode when the alarm triggers, it turns night mode off.

Yes, I'm seeing this too.
Thanks for posting this, I set up a one time only custom alarm to test it and sure enough, the Chumby went OUT of Night Mode at the alarm time.
This Chumby is set up to come on at 7am (no audible alarm), play until 10am and then go into NIght Mode. It has another Night Mode alarm set for 7.30 pm, to cover the days when I'm not at work and have it on after the 10am Night Mode event. A lot of the time, the second Night Mode alarm is redundant because the Chumby has already been in Night Mode since 10am. This now explains the mystery of why I keep finding this Chumby active in the evenings.
It's a Classic, and has been on the Beta control panel. I'll switch it back to the normal one and see what happens.