Topic: 8" Infocast weirdness

I posted this to the Insignia forum but I thought I'd throw it out here also to see if anyone else has this issues or has any ideas.

On my infocast it seems that about 10-20 percent of the time after boot the control panel loads without the drop down selector item on the channels catagory. Plus selecting the main channels tab shows all my channel choices on the main screen but I am unable to selct one and activate it. It is version 3.1.21 and has had the latest update applied.

Re: 8" Infocast weirdness

I've noticed this from time to time as well.  I've assumed it was a network glitch loading the channels and not so great error handling.  Usually if I go back up to the top and reselect channels it clears up.  Today I had to reboot for it to resolve.

3 (edited by roryhawke 2011-01-14 12:35:27)

A reboot is the only way I've found to get the drop down tab back as well. I also wondered about a network glitch but the channels tab is the only one it ever happens with, on the other hand it is the only sub-tab that also has a drop down ( apps > channels )

Another interesting behavior I am encountering is: having stop_control_panel in either debugchumby or userhook1 or userhook2 or userhook0, does NOT seem to be effective.  Regardless it is booting up to the Insignia Control Panel.  Any Suggestions?

debugchumby is called *before* the Control Panel is launched, so if you don't want it to launch, you need to prevent the debugchumby script from exiting.

6 (edited by cow009 2011-01-30 16:07:30)

Hi Duane,
Thank you for the prompt response as usual.  If you can suggest me solution to my following problem, that would be *Great*.  I have a set of three flash programs that I need to run, one after another, depending on the appropriate web choice through chumby lighty webserver;  In this case, I may need multiple flashes to run;  I can not do that right now because after the first flash player exits, then the control panel resumes. 

One other option that would be fine with me is if the chumby regular startup happens in the background and comes to a good end for the the control panel;  From there I can start my flash applications;  Appreciate your help, in advance;

In your debugchumby, once you get lighty running, then you can simply drop into a simple "while" loop. with a "sleep" in it.  That way you never exit debugchumby.

Over the last couple of days I have had a high number of "server not found" and seemingly stalled functionality on the buttons.  As well as channel refresh issues.  I'm using the latest development firmware.  My network connection details show 100% link quality (I'm close to the router).  Anything I can do, or information I should be providing?

This might be the server - we'll take a look.

Thanks.  Seems to be working much better now.

-dev

One more question on debugchumby;  If there is an error within the debugchumby script, does the bootup process dismiss what is there in debugchumby and continues with normal bootup?  If so, where can I debug the issue, any logs/reports available?

It depends how it fails.  Sine it's happening during the boot process, it's hard to debug without a serial port.

Your best bet is to try and run it manually and see how it behaves.