Topic: blacklisting modules

What's the best way in Chumy's flavor of linux to blacklist a module so modprobe doesn't load it?

Re: blacklisting modules

Did you ever get an answer to this?

Nope.   Worked the problem a different way.

I bought one of those Adafruit TP-LINK TL-WN321G WiFi dongles also, and it has the newer rt2870 chipset also.

I didn't see any resolution on your forum post.  Please include your solution, others can benefit from your hard won victory.

Ha ha... my solution was to get a RT73 dongle from SparkFun (BTW - they are showing 15 in stock as I post this) and then I printed a nice case for it on my Makerbot Cupcake.

But... Adafruit updated the dongle thread over at their forum, it seems there is a new driver to try but I haven't had a chance to try it yet.

Also, the Hawking HWUG1 dongle is a very nice RT73 dongle with an exterior antenna.

I have tried the new driver and it works with the TP-LINK dongle.

Randy

OK,  very cool.  I looked at their script, but it was all packaged up with compressed binaries and auto-magically moved drivers around.  I'm a little too old-school to blindly trust a script so I was holding off trying it until I had time to understand what it was doing.  Glad it works!
_ _ ...   ..._ _

I ended up buying a few DWG-122 from eBay (some seller from China) for $8 and free shipping. It works well using the RT73 driver. It supports wireless injection and such with it. The DWG-122 also has a U.FL antenna connector on it.