Topic: Button sound mp3's?

Hello,
On my flash program that I’d written, I wanted to add a “click” sound to the buttons using the following code:

public function ButtonClickSound() {
                                                     var mySound:Sound= new Sound();
                                                     mySound.loadSound("click.mp3" , true);
                                                     mySound.onLoad = function(true) {
                                                     mySound.start();
                                                                                            }
                                    }

While this works fine in the flash player as well as a browser window, I don’t get the click sound or any sound on the chumby.

Is this a path issue?
Currently I have the click.mp3 file in the mnt/usb folder.

Thanks for any help.

Re: Button sound mp3's?

You may need to provide a full path.  Try "file:////mnt/usb/click.mp3" and see if that works.

Thanks Duane,
But no...even with the full path I get no sound.

Could it be a crossdomain issue?

Are you running as a standalone, or as a widget?

If a widget, then yes, it's a crossdomain issue - a Flash Movie loaded from the network can't access the local file system.

Is there any particular reason why the sound can't be included in the movie?

I’m running “stand alone” so from what I’ve read, I didn’t think that I had to do anything with the crossdomain file.

Why I didn’t just include the mp3?
Well…I can’t justify the cost of Adobe Flash, so I’ve been using Flashdevelop and when I found that I couldn’t just include a mp3 in Flashdevelop without adjusting its properties and converting it to a swf, I figured it was too much trouble when I could just call a file and play it since it's local…

So…yes, I did create a swf today of the mp3 and include it into the build and that works fine.

Still don’t understand why the loadsound worked in a Flash player and browser and not on the Chumby though…

Not sure - I'll see if I can reproduce the issue.

You could try running the Flash Player with more debug output - it might give a clue:

chumbyflashplayer.x -l 383 -i yourmovie.swf

That's a lower case "L".

I use the command (chumbyflashplayer.x -l 383 -i yourmovie.swf) to play the click.mp3  ,  if the click.mp3 file is no large than 15k ,  I can listen the sound , if the  mp3 file is large file , no sound . Why ?

wsn1dy: When you imported audio file, what compression settings were used? How large was the mp3 before import?

The audio file is MPEG I  44.1khz , file size is about 18k.