Topic: Broken URL's on source download page
TL;DR: I'm pretty sure the URLs for the Falconwing 1.0.4 source downloads are b0rk3d.
Since I've yet to see a report of anyone successfully building a driver module that modprobe is happy to load into the CHB V1, I spent some time trying to track down which source matches the CHB. The URL's seem to be wrong on the wiki page.
sha1sum indicates that of the three Falconwing source tarballs, there are basically two different files in play:
dbc@i7lab-ubuntu:~/dev/chumby/sourcetarballs$ sha1sum falconwing102/linux-2.6.28.mx233.tgz 02300ae77998bd9be3e81c3f4ef33d7953ce2a8a falconwing102/linux-2.6.28.mx233.tgz dbc@i7lab-ubuntu:~/dev/chumby/sourcetarballs$ sha1sum falconwing103/linux-2.6.28.mx233.tgz e3c50499933d80bd970e172e4d46d2354a15a920 falconwing103/linux-2.6.28.mx233.tgz dbc@i7lab-ubuntu:~/dev/chumby/sourcetarballs$ sha1sum falconwing104/linux-2.6.28.mx233.tgz 02300ae77998bd9be3e81c3f4ef33d7953ce2a8a falconwing104/linux-2.6.28.mx233.tgz
So 102 and 104 are suspiciously identical. Did the Chumby dev's really roll back to an identical source tree from a previous revision? Stranger things have happened, certainly, but...
I pulled /proc/config.gz off of my CHB V1 and diff'ed it against the .configs in 103 and 104, and diff'ed the 103 and 104 .config's against each other:
dbc@i7lab-ubuntu:~/dev/chumby/config$ diff ../linux-untarred/103/linux-2.6.28.mx233/.config config|wc 368 1099 8717 dbc-ubuntu@i7lab-ubuntu:~/dev/chumby/config$ diff ../linux-untarred/104/linux-2.6.28.mx233/.config config|wc 557 1785 14196 dbc@i7lab-ubuntu:~/dev/chumby/config$ diff ../linux-untarred/104/linux-2.6.28.mx233/.config ../linux-untarred/103/linux-2.6.28.mx233/.config|wc 222 747 6066
We see that 103 and 104 are different from each other, and both are different from the CHB V1.
Also we see at the top of the web page that 1.0.4 is called 'build 1.0.2913' but the urls all point to a directory that includes 'build2370' in the path. Was perhaps the wrong tarball simply mislabeled as the 104 tarball? That might be the source of the problems that both inad and I are seeing.
Suspicious people might try a wget into unknown space:
dbc-ubuntu@i7lab-ubuntu:~/dev/chumby/sourcetarballs/tmp$ wget http://files.chumby.com/source/falconwing/build2913/linux-2.6.28.mx233.tgz --2011-01-27 20:47:33-- http://files.chumby.com/source/falconwing/build2913/linux-2.6.28.mx233.tgz Resolving files.chumby.com... 126.96.36.199 Connecting to files.chumby.com|188.8.131.52|:80... connected. HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK Length: 72849875 (69M) [application/x-gzip] Saving to: `linux-2.6.28.mx233.tgz'
Aha! A directory named 'build2913' does, in fact, exist, and it even contains a linux tarball. The sha1 does, indeed, turn out to be different. The .config file, though is identical to 1.0.3 (build 2430) and different from the /proc/config.gz on my CHB V1.
In any case, I think there is a systematic error in the directory path for sources labeled as build2913 on the wiki page.