Topic: Bug: Wireless Key Entry

When entering the wireless passphase, if it contains a dash "-" then the entry field will stop display any more characters after around 40 characters.  For example, I have a long (63 characters) passphase but I could only see the first 40 or so characters of it.  I was able to enter the entire string but I was doing it blind.

Re: Bug: Wireless Key Entry

OK - I need to know which device this is (Chumby Classic, Chumby One, Sony Dash, Infocast 8", Infocast 3.5") and which passphrase your'e doing (WEP, WPA, WPA2).

The device is an Infocast 3.5" and I'm using WPA (TKIP+AES) for encryption for my wireless.

It would be nice if there was an easier way to enter long string of text.  I tried plugging in a USB keyboard and the shell appeared which is cool, but I saw no way to enter text into the GUI.  I actually didn't enter the key correctly using the GUI because I was doing it blindly.  I actually found the configuration file on the file system and corrected it using VI then cycle the power to get online.

I have the same issue with a chumby one, hw 10.6, sw 1.0.7, fw 1.0.3454 and trying to enter a wpa key,  it splits the key at that point, instead of half way through, and so the second line fills up and I can't see the last 10 or so characters I'm inputting with that terrible entry screen.  if the hyphen in my key was further along, it probably wouldn't be so bad, but the first hyphen is somewhere around a third of the way through the key.

Cleaning up any loose bits and bytes.