Re: Activation Challenge - Insignia Infocast 8"

Thanks Ken. I just emailed you.

The software fix you instructed me to download and install seems to have worked like a charm!

I appreciate your help and successful solution to the annoying reactivation message.

Many thanks to all that helped test the potential fix.  Unfortunately, the update did not correct the problem.  MikerR2 was kind enough to bring his unit to our offices so we could better debug the issue.  Now that we have a device in-house that can reliably reproduce the issue, we have a lot more information to work with and are actively working toward a fix.

I will let everyone know as soon as we have a fix available.

Yes, after updating the unit with the new software, I turned the unit off/on (also unplugged from power a number of times), it worked just fine. Only after the unit sat for a number of hours did the 'reactivation' message reappear.

So I thought it was fixed but it wasn't.

Now that you've got a unit that is reproducing the problem I'm sure you will find the problem.

Let us know what you learn.

Thanks,

Karen

Any idea when an update will be available?

I haven't been asked to update mine, but i see that others are.

Any one know reason that might be?

Purchased on Monday from the physical store, and its been online since.

We've disabled firmware updates until this issue is resolved.

The factory firmware for current devices in the stores will operate normally for each device it's installed on.

Duane wrote:

We've disabled firmware updates until this issue is resolved.

The factory firmware for current devices in the stores will operate normally for each device it's installed on.

Thanks for the answer, I thought it might be something like that.

We've identified the problem and are testing a fix.  I will let you know when the update will be available as soon as it passes our internal tests.

Is there a way for use to roll back to the previous version of the firmware? My unit is totally dead.

thanks,
Ron

ronlee wrote:

Is there a way for use to roll back to the previous version of the firmware? My unit is totally dead.

thanks,
Ron

What do you mean by "totally dead"?  Please describe exactly what is happening with your device, and let us know which version of the firmware you installed that caused the problem.

All - we have a working fix for the activation issue.  We're just waiting on BBY to give us the OK to distribute the firmware update for their devices.  I expect that the update should go out sometime tomorrow.

We've delivered the patch to BBY and they are doing their own internal testing on the update today.  As soon as they give us the green light, I will post a link to the USB update.

Hi any estimate of the ETA for the fix to go out

armdev wrote:

Hi any estimate of the ETA for the fix to go out

It's out of our hands at this point - it's up to Best Buy.

Instructions for the OTA and USB installable updates that resolve this issue can be found here - http://insignia.chumby.com/pages/help_i … are_update

Any word on the updates yet? I wasn't having any problems here and am a little hesitant to upgrade until I see a little feedback!

I've been running the fix on our Infocast for a week now and have NOT seen the 'reactivation' message. So all is well!!!

Thanks for finding a solution so quick.  We appreciate it!

Karen

Fix works great, thanks for that