Topic: Functionality

From the screen shot, it looks like Dash can have numerous widget on screen at once. Similar to a personal google or yahoo home page. Is that a feature the infocast has?

http://www.chumby.com/pages/dash

Re: Functionality

Not that I'm aware of.

I am not sure that I would describe the Dash screen as having "widgets".  This implies some level of user configurability.

The dash has several "themes" which provide access to various features or data.  Most of the themes include a window displaying the apps, which are chosen by the user.   These themes are generally not configurable beyond the selection of apps.

The picture is pretty slick with the widget running at standard  (Chumby) size so that other stuff can be seen on the rest of the screen.  Seeing the clock / radio station and the weather at the same time sounds great.

clay_shooter wrote:

The picture is pretty slick with the widget running at standard  (Chumby) size so that other stuff can be seen on the rest of the screen.  Seeing the clock / radio station and the weather at the same time sounds great.

It is the single-most feature that set the Dash above the various chumby variants, in my mind.  Yes, it has some flaws, but on the whole, there is none better as a bedside display.