Topic: I can't get this to run

I am running Windows 7 on an Acer 5732 Z.  I have IE8 32 and 64 bit.  I also run Chrome and Firefox, all updated recently.  I have installed Flash Player for Internet Explorer sucessfully.  I keep getting the error "You must have the Adobe Flash Player plug-in for Internet Explorer installed in order to run the chumby screen saver."  I have uninstalled and reinstalled flash.  I have no idea where to go from here.

If I go to screen savers, it is installed, and I can get to the settings, but if I try to run it it gives the same message.

Please help.

Non-programmer
Chumby One for Xmas '09
Registered Nurse

Re: I can't get this to run

They said it only works on 32-bit Windows 7. Not sure what the issue is with 64-bit Windows 7, but I do not believe it is supported at this time.

I couldn't get it to run on 64 bit either.

Yes, there's a Windows system call we use that behaves quite differently on 64-bit Windows for no apparent reason.  We're working on a fix.  No schedule yet.

I'm looking forward to the 64-bit version and updates. I really like the idea of a Chumby screen saver. Thanks guys!

6 (edited by pchow98 2011-04-15 14:46:05)

Yes, I am looking forward to the 64bits Win7 version as well. I am using IE9. Also, will there be support for dual monitors? smile

Thanks

Any new news on the 64 bit Win 7 version?