Topic: Identifying pins

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if there was some sort of document describing what each of the available IO pins does. I'm talking about the various connectors and exposed pins on the board.

What I know so far:

1. On the side with the power adapter, we have the power connector, the A/V out, one USB port (the one that is always powered on, even when using a battery), then the Lithium battery connector, a pushbutton (Reset?) and the serial port.

2. On the opposite side, there's the 5-way joystick, then a connector labeled Quad, then a 9x2 set of pins (GPIO?), then two USB ports.

3. On one of the sides (the one closer to the power adapter), there's a smaller connector for the microphone and a larger one for the speaker (I think).

4. Finally, on the other side, there's a 2 pin connector that I couldn't identify. Is that the backlight control? There's also a similar connector near the LCD connector (it says something like ADC1 on one of the pins).

Is there any way of identifying these? I'm not a hardware guy at all, so please be gentle smile.

Thank you,
Razvan

--
Razvan Dragomirescu
Chief Technology Officer
Cayenne Graphics SRL

Re: Identifying pins

I was wondering if there was some sort of document describing what each of the available IO pins does. I'm talking about the various connectors and exposed pins on the board.

You just need chumby_hackerboard.pdf  --> http://files.chumby.com/hackerboard/chu … rboard.pdf
and IMX23RM.pdf --> http://cache.freescale.com/files/dsp/do … MX23RM.pdf

3 (edited by hack2learn 2010-10-23 06:50:36)

How would one go about finding the PWM2 or PWM3?

I am looking for specific steps on how to locate these pins from utilizing the documentation.

This may be really simple, but please be gentle :-).

> How would one go about finding the PWM2 or PWM3?

1. open pdf
2. press ctrl+f
3. type in 'PWM2'
4. press enter a few times until finding the connector.

Hi,

I was reading this threat because I would like to find AUART1 & 2.

Now finding them is easy enough in the PDF's.
However that doesn't mean you have them on the board.

I mean, I can't run Altium on my Mac so that makes hunting for a few test points on the Chumby board non trivial.
I think I found J113 and J114 on the backside near the Chumby logo.

But the other points still escape me.....
Excuse me if I'm overlooking something.

Cheers,
Tom