Topic: Battery Power Issue

My Chumby One works perfect when plugged into the wall.  When I go onto battery power and play music (Pandora, iheartradio, FM radio) it will play for around 15 seconds to 1 minute and shut off.  I tried both beta and the normal control panels and it didn't fix the issue.  Other widgets work fine on battery power, it seems like there is too much of a power draw from the music and it crashes.

Re: Battery Power Issue

That's interesting, the battery shouldn't be discharging that quickly, unless it's not really discharging and there's a problem with the software.  Would you be able to provide us with a log while the chumby is running off, and then on battery?  I'd like to see what happens *before* it shuts off.

I ssh'd into my Chumby, where are the logs located/how do I go about producing them?

I think, your battery is bad. My Chumby One runs nearly 90 mins. on shoutcast.

magicwoody might have a point...what kind of battery do you have and where did you get it from?

robi_wisc2011 wrote:

I ssh'd into my Chumby, where are the logs located/how do I go about producing them?

Once you're ssh'd into the unit, just issue the command stop_control_panel, then start_control_panel.  The output should start and from there, try to reproduce the problem.  After the media player engages, leave it running on battery power until it shuts off.  Once it's off, copy the log and paste it here in a code box.

-Sam

I got the Batt. from ebay.. NP-120 Replacement Battery.

I went and replaced the battery and it ran fine.  I assume I got a bad battery the first time around.  Thanks for the help!