26 (edited by burkhardi 2010-08-30 07:43:02)

Re: Custom alarm screen

OK, couple questions for a Linux greenhorn...
There is no "rfs1" folder in "psp" directory, why did I make one verse putting it in the root of psp? What does rfs stand for; or heck psp for that matter. I assume mnt is mount?

Also, I noticed that there was no "usb" folder in the /mnt/stroage directory, so I created one. Would the symbolic link have created this for me if I didn't?

I was totally jazzed when it worked.

Thanks for sharing this with us!
Regards, Matt

likearaptor wrote:

Sorry for the delay.  I used to check these forums daily but lately I have forgot to.  I was able to get my chumby working again and I can move it around and the power connector still works smile

So the first thing on my chumby one is to create the /psp/rfs1/userhook1.  Type the following in the new file:

#!/bin/bash

ln -s /mnt/storage/usb /mnt/usb

Then change the permissions of the script so it is executable by running

chmod +x /psp/rfs1/userhook1

So it should look like this:

chumby:/psp/rfs1# ls -la
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root         1024 May  6 21:47 .
drwxr-xr-x   11 root     root         1024 May 10 20:26 ..
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root           45 May  6 21:48 userhook1

So now when your chumby boots up it will run the mount command and mount the /mnt/storage/usb folder as /mnt/usb each time.  If the usb dongle gets plugged in it will remove this symbolic link.  I haven't tried it but I have heard it works.  Then to get your usb link back just reboot the chumby without the usb dongle.  Now all you need to do is place the alarmring.swf in the /mnt/storage/usb folder.

Let me know if you need more help.  I will be visiting the forums daily hopefully.

Re: Custom alarm screen

burkhardi wrote:

OK, couple questions for a Linux greenhorn...
There is no "rfs1" folder in "psp" directory, why did I make one verse putting it in the root of psp? What does rfs stand for; or heck psp for that matter. I assume mnt is mount?

Also, I noticed that there was no "usb" folder in the /mnt/stroage directory, so I created one. Would the symbolic link have created this for me if I didn't?

I was totally jazzed when it worked.

Thanks for sharing this with us!
Regards, Matt

You have to create the  rfs1 directory.  It is a special directory that is looked for when booting to start some things at boot.  I don't know what rfs stands for.  Mnt is mount.  The symbolic link would have created the directory for you.