Topic: I have two defualt channels on my BB8 and can't remove one.

On my BB8, it shows two default channels. I try to delete one and it comes back. I even tried to delete the other one labeled "defualt" too and same thing.
What would I have two default channels.

I set my BB8 up via Chumby, not Infocast.Chumby if that helps.
Thanks, Matt

Re: I have two defualt channels on my BB8 and can't remove one.

Hmmm, interesting - please contact Customer Support to see if they can clear that up.

Duane wrote:

Hmmm, interesting - please contact Customer Support to see if they can clear that up.

Thanks for the fast reply Duane,
Chumby customer support, or Insignia?

One of the QA guys just contacted me to say that this is apparently due to attempting to configure the Infocast from the chumby.com site.  What happens when you do stuff from the correct domain?

5 (edited by burkhardi 2010-08-12 07:51:18)

It's the "Featured" channel, not default. Sorry... I was posting without having the BB8 in front of me.

I am doing this from the BB8's UI, should that not be hte most robust way (from the device)?
all my devices show up on both domains [http://insignia.chumby.com/mychumby and http://www.chumby.com/mychumby ]
naively assumed they are the same or interchangeable; I assume not?

EDIT: Via the Chumby site, I renamed both "featured" channels. I appended the name with a "1" for the first and a "2" for the second and then via the BB8's UI, I deleted "featured1" and now all I see is "featured2".
Perhaps the backend is smart and since there were two channels with the same name it would not delete either of them?

I first tried to delete one via insignia.chumby with no joy, then chumby's version with no joy and then checked my Chumby branded devices and there were two channels labeled "featured" (which I assume has always been there since I setup the BB8, I just never checked and it was obvious on the BB8 by the nature that it works and you select channels) too. Then I renamed them via Chumby's version of the site and voila...

So that is taken care of now, thanks for the help, I don't know if I would have tried that if you didn't get me tinkering....
Regards, Matt

Well, it's a bit more complicated.

In general, channels from the same account can be run on the normal chumbys, Sony dashes, and Insignia Infocasts, however, each vendor has different requirements for "default" channels, and the widgets are filtered to meet contractual requirements.

Please send me the username of your account, I'll take a look to see if your account is acting weirder than it should.

Duane wrote:

Well, it's a bit more complicated.

In general, channels from the same account can be run on the normal chumbys, Sony dashes, and Insignia Infocasts, however, each vendor has different requirements for "default" channels, and the widgets are filtered to meet contractual requirements.

Please send me the username of your account, I'll take a look to see if your account is acting weirder than it should.

Sure!
Thanks for being so "jonny on the spot" with your help and replies.
I resolved my issue (See my last post (I think)) but woudl like the Duane seal of approval that my is not acting weird.
If you had a "kudos" button, I would have clicked it.
Check your email for my account name.