1 (edited by NigelS 2010-08-07 16:01:34)

Topic: Web site bug - upload fails - this needs fixing quickly

Hi,
   when trying to upload a widget I noticed a bug. If you try to update only the configuration widget of an existing widget then the process fails without an error. Eg the configuration widget is not changed.

cheers

Nigel smile smile smile

Re: Web site bug - upload fails - this needs fixing quickly

Chumby Inc,
    bump (please).

cheers

Nigel

smile smile smile

We'll take a look - in the meantime, you probably should go ahead and upload both.  Sorry about that.

4 (edited by NigelS 2010-08-07 16:33:42)

Duane wrote:

We'll take a look - in the meantime, you probably should go ahead and upload both.  Sorry about that.

Duane,
     back trialing this some more and the problem is worse than I thought. The only way I can get a configuration app to update is to completely remove and create the application.

Have just spent a couple of hours debugging something that turns out to be your issue - as you can imagine I am a little less than cheerful.

(take a breath here) If you have an expectation that the community supports Chumby then some things need to work reliably.

Can you please have a look at this as at the moment I don't have much confidence.

cheers

Nigel

smile sad smile

I'll make sure the server guys know about the issue.

Did you refresh your browser cache after you did the upload?

Duane wrote:

I'll make sure the server guys know about the issue.

Did you refresh your browser cache after you did the upload?

Duane,
      thanks - its appreciated it - no didn't refresh browser but I am sure it has worked previously without a refresh. I did wander the site a bit between activities and would assume (maybe incorrectly) that the widget would not cache ?

cheers

Nigel

smile  smile  smile

Can you please try clearing your browser cache after the configuration widget upload to see if this affects the behavior?