Topic: MP3 support in flashlite

Hi,
    just written a new widget to be an MP3 player - similar to control panel but with folder / song selection support etc. It seems to work okay BUT it seems that Flashlite does not like some MP3 files while others are fine. MP3's rejected by Flashlite seem to play fine through the adobe player on PC. Did a bit of scanning the net and it appears that Flashlite 3 is a bit sensitive to MP3's. Hence following questions.

1. Is there a fix

2. Does Chumby use another player

3. If yes how is this accessed (sh files or similar)

cheers

Nigel

smile smile smile

Re: MP3 support in flashlite

NigelS wrote:

just written a new widget to be an MP3 player - similar to control panel but with folder / song selection support etc

great - when will you make it public?

spunk_ wrote:
NigelS wrote:

just written a new widget to be an MP3 player - similar to control panel but with folder / song selection support etc

great - when will you make it public?

That was fast - will put limited version out soon if you want.

cheers

Nigel

smile smile smile

chumby ind guys - bump - any feedback here please

When the device is playing MP3 files through the My Files interface, it's using btplayd to play them in the background, not the Flash Lite MP3 engine.  There's an interface for Flash widgets to call btplayd, but it only works from the control panel or if you've turned off device security.

NigelS wrote:

hi ben - not sure you understood all my post - my widget uses as2 sound object e.g. flash and some mp3's don't play - is there a known flash lite problem

cheers
nigel

The external MP3 support in Flash (even the desktop version) is very picky about sample rate, bit rate, etc., and will typically play only a subset of available MP3 files.

This has been the case for many years - it's not limited to the chumby version.

NigelS wrote:
NigelS wrote:

hi ben - not sure you understood all my post - my widget uses as2 sound object e.g. flash and some mp3's don't play - is there a known flash lite problem

cheers
nigel

Duane,
         thanks - thats cleared it up for me.

cheers

Nigel

smile smile smile