Topic: Chumby failing to authorize

Hi,
We have two Chumbys in our house, both managed by the same account (isonno).  One works fine, but the other fails to connect at the authorization step.  The net connectivity is fine (I can ssh into the Chumby, and while logged into it, ping www.chumby.com, but if I try and activate the network, I get the "Network Connection succeeded" page, but then when I tap "Done" it goes to "Not connected"

The chumby's ID is F54E3D61-F60A-8A85-598B-B4279721A73A.  It was working fine yesterday.

BTW, when I log into mychumby and click "Chumby Dashboard" it says "Sorry! This page is not available".  Not sur if that's related.

Help?

Re: Chumby failing to authorize

Hmmmm, OK we'll look into that.

We had a very brief (a couple of minutes) outage today - it looks like you were rebooting during that period.

The last few days I've been having authorization problems too. The Chumby disconnects and when I try to reconnect it tells me it's not authorised. I get the Control Panel with an 'Authorise'  button - pushing this just cycles through to the same point again. Leaving it alone for a while fixes it eventually.

5 (edited by aporcello 2010-06-12 16:44:24)

I just got a Chumby.  It seems to be having a similar problem. When I first turned it on, it updated the software no issues.  Now after connecting to my wireless network (I have two - it does the same on both), it shows the IP address, etc. then says Authorizing and returns to the clock screen. 

When I look at the Chumby Info, it says "not connected" but, interestingly, will play a Pandora Radio stream.

Numerous reboots haven't helped.

Not sure whats going on, but if it continues, it's going back.

aporcello wrote:

I just got a Chumby.  It seems to be having a similar problem. When I first turned it on, it updated the software no issues.  Now after connecting to my wireless network (I have two - it does the same on both), it shows the IP address, etc. then says Authorizing and returns to the clock screen. 

When I look at the Chumby Info, it says "not connected" but, interestingly, will play a Pandora Radio stream.

Numerous reboots haven't helped.

Not sure whats going on, but if it continues, it's going back.

got the same problem... after activating it goes to the authorizing-step and then goes back to the clock. -> no connection
HELP!!

Hmmm, we'll look into it.  We not aware of any issues with authorization.

8 (edited by aporcello 2010-06-13 08:36:15)

OK -> I've learned how to SSH into my Chumby... 

Here's the output from ifconfig:

wlan0     Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 94:0C:6D:8F:FD:61 
          inet addr:192.168.2.2  Bcast:192.168.2.255  Mask:255.255.255.0
          inet6 addr: fe80::960c:6dff:fe8f:fd61/64 Scope:Link
          UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          RX packets:8121 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:4191 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
          RX bytes:10165191 (9.6 MiB)  TX bytes:392866 (383.6 KiB)

And the output from the Chumby Wireless Status page:
Wireless Stats

Inter-| sta-|   Quality        |   Discarded packets               | Missed | WE
face | tus | link level noise |  nwid  crypt   frag  retry   misc | beacon | 22
wlan0: 0000   40.  -70.  -256        0      0      0      0      0        0

So i'm pretty sure it isn't a wireless problem (considering I can ssh in and stream Pandora).

Interestingly, it still shows "NOT CONNECTED" and doesn't show the IP address in the Chumby Info via the U/I.

aporcello wrote:

Mine was the same, said 'not connected' but would play internet radio streams, and you could also access and set the alarms, just not play any widgets (sorry, but they'll always be widgets to me).
It's been okay for a few days lately, though.

I deleted and re-activated the Chumby...  it works now.

OK, please let us know if the problem reoccurs.

NiPPOO wrote:

got the same problem... after activating it goes to the authorizing-step and then goes back to the clock. -> no connection
HELP!!

Hi NiPPOO,

Could you go through the same steps aporcello went through (deleting and re-activating the device) and let us know if that fixed it for you?

Thanks,
Ahmed

same here but the autoreboot script fixed it.

autoreboot chumby :

crontab -e
0 3 * * * /usr/chumby/scripts/sync_time.sh
* * * * * /usr/chumby/scripts/flashplayer_watchdog
45 * * * * /psp/reboot.sh

vi /psp/reboot.sh
#!/bin/sh

ROUTERIP=192.168.100.1

/bin/ping -c 1 $ROUTERIP > /dev/null
if [[ $? != 0 ]]
then
/usr/chumby/scripts/reboot_normal.sh
fi

touch /psp/reboot.sh

OK... One day after my post i turned it on again and everything worked perfect... Strange...