Topic: Deleted channel on website won't delete on chumby

I created my first channel on chumby.com and successfully downloaded it.  Then I created several more channels, and deleted the first channel.  When I go to http://www.chumby.com/mychumby, it no longer displays that channel in the popup list.  However, it is stuck on my chumby.  Worse, it becomes the default channel upon a reboot or wifi disconnect!  How do I get rid of it?

Detailed description:
The chumby boots up in the "Carl" channel.  Touch "channel", and it shows two channels: Carl and default.  Switch to "default", and I see the default channel  as customized via the web site.  Touch "channel" again, and now it shows the <b>four</b> channels that are visible in the website, and operates as I would expect.  Every few hours, it resets without my telling it to back to the "Carl" channel.

I know enough to putty in via sshd and edit config files.  Just don't ask me to write a linux driver.  The only customization I think I've done is to install debugchumby file to support the youstreams widget.

Re: Deleted channel on website won't delete on chumby

We've seen a couple of reports of this, so we're looking into it.

We currently have a lot of aggressive caching activated on our server while we're expanding it to take on the extra load of the Sony and Best Buy products.  Apparently that caching is doing some inappropriate things.

This should be remedied soon - it's not a client problem, so there's nothing wrong with your device.

So this might also explain my recent problems with Chumby changing channels on its own? It's done it twice now, and I think it seems to be related to altering channel content on chumby.com, in that both times the channel it changed to was a channel that I had modified that day.

Yes, it may be related.  QA is on the case.

Ah, growing pains. While it can be troublesome it is nice to know Chumby is growing. Not an easy thing for a company to do in this economy.

Tar, feathers, congress. Some assembly required.