Topic: Chumby usb

First off, sorry if this is in the wrong section as i was having trouble deciding where it should be.  I'm wondering if theres any way (or will be on future chumby models) to add music to it via usb and listen to it that way, or add pictures to it and have a widget that can access those picture and use it as a digital picture frame. Thanks.

btw i decided to put it here bc it deals with a HD.  I don't know if the chumby strictly runs using some sort of web services or if these widgets are "downloaded" to your chumby.

Re: Chumby usb

You can already play music off a USB drive... just go to the control panel, hit Music, then scroll down to "My Music Files".

OK, but how about the pictures? 

I'd love to be able to load some pics on a usb then display them on the Chumby as a widget with a previous, next, play and pause buttons.

brainsoap wrote:

OK, but how about the pictures? 

I'd love to be able to load some pics on a usb then display them on the Chumby as a widget with a previous, next, play and pause buttons.

Why not create a free photobucket account and upload the photos there? There is a photobucket widget available. Very easy.

Tar, feathers, congress. Some assembly required.

USB on chumby is very well. I put my pictures and videos on my favourite folder. I enjoy with usb no problem at all. This is very useful great functionality on chumby. I am happy with that.

I am having the worst trouble with my Chumby USB port.  I can't get my Kingston 8G to be recognized, my iPod crashes my Chumby.  I am sad.