Topic: Chumby server down? Impossible to manage channels

I bought my chumby only yesterday and while the device is cute and fun I am somewhat disappointed about the website that's needed to control and configure it. It's seems that it often does not function properly. I am thus unable to add or remove widgets, which is of course the first thing one wants to do, after setting up a new chumby.

When I e.g. go to the chumby dashboard, select the my chumby and the channel and then click on "Manage channel" I always only get "Sorry, this page is not available". What's wrong here???

If I try to delete a widget on the chumby itself then after a while I always get "There seems to be a network problem when attempting to delete this app". But of course my chumby DOES have connectivity (it displays e.g. news and a webcam's image without problem).

I guess both errors stem from some server at chumby industries not working or responding as expected. Hope they get this fixed soon...

Michael

Re: Chumby server down? Impossible to manage channels

I am having the same issue on my Chumby One. I have owned the Chumby 6 months and today it just started having the same symptoms, that you are having. I can not connect to the chumby dash area on Chumby.com either.

~Jordan

Me three. Internet connection is up, but channels not loading on my chumby. Is the server down??

4 (edited by michael.moser 2010-06-01 05:25:20)

Hi - I just noticed that there was another thread on this issue (Chumby web site issues by pepperm) and in it cmastro mentions that this may be a cookie/authorization issue and suggests to simply log out (to get the cookie cleared) and then back in again and - indeed - this fixed my issue.

YMMV but maybe this hint helps others as well,
Michael

Oh good! It's not just me, then.

My chumby can connect to my network, but my wigets won't load. It remains at the default clock screen. It's really bizzare. sad

We're looking into a server issue - there appears to be some issue with caching being a bit too aggressive.