Topic: Testimonials to be used on our Chumby Store

Hey Folks,

Have something great to say about the chumby and your experiences with the 'chumbysphere'?  Want to help us get the chumby word out to the masses?  Give us a quote (positive feedback only) about what you think of the product and the service and who knows...you may find your testimonial on our eStore!

Note: Submitting a quote gives us permission to post the quote on our eStore and may be used in other publications. 

Thanks,
Sam
Customer Support Manager

Re: Testimonials to be used on our Chumby Store

I think what's surprised me most about Chumby isn't the device (which is great), but the community that surrounds it. It only takes someone to say on the Forums "Wouldn't it be good if there were a widget to...", and just days later it appears. Great group of people. I'm pleased to be involved.

The Chumby is far more than just another gadget to clutter up the home. From the moment you get your fist channel running you realise the potential the little guy has to grow and become part of your life.
Our Chumby lives in the bedroom providing many services including games, weather and an alarm call each day. Even when at work the web server and SSH access mean he's never far away.

I bought the chumby mainly out of curiosity to see what it was capable of. I didn't expect it to turn into such a big creative outlet for me. I really enjoy creating widgets a lot, and it's a pleasant diversion from my day job running my web development company.

And remember, kids... CHUMBY MEANS IT.  Say something nice and you might find yourself talking to a reporter from The Economist for half an hour...

(how cool is that?)

Slave to the Light, Inc.
Los Angeles & Seattle USA
www.slavetothelight.com

6 (edited by FalconFour 2010-05-19 19:39:24)

Hmm, what, not a one in over two years? Not even one for the Chumby One? Come on. I'll give it a shot...

Well, what can I say? It's an alarm clock. It's an alarm clock with the web. It's an alarm clock with the web, radio, games, great sound, and a full battery backup. Somehow has the ability to always charm anyone that looks at it. A magical device, almost like someone took a computer and put it under a shrink-ray. Simple enough for your parents to understand, and yet sophisticated enough to keep a geek entertained for days. From a user perspective, it's got enough abilities to make it worth far more than it costs. From a geek's perspective, the abilities never seem to end - this miniature piece of art is so flexible, it almost seems like just another computer with limitless potential. And it probably uses less power than your old 90s alarm clock anyway. I think everyone should own one. It's so much more than an alarm clock...

</gloss>

(edit: Wow, not almost two years... OVER 2 years.)