Topic: Chumby in your car's dashboard?

CNET is covering the international auto show and one of their videos clearly shows the Chumby logo as part of a web connected dashboard.

http://cnettv.cnet.com/2001-1_53-50082302.html

Tar, feathers, congress. Some assembly required.

Re: Chumby in your car's dashboard?

hmm... a chumby in my car.  i've actually been planning a "carputer" build.  7" in-dash touch screens can be had with composite inputs.  use the composite video hack on a C1, and convince it to accept the 7" ts controller.  you could use one of those cellular mobile hotspots or a cellphone with wifi tethering for internet connection.  if someone could cobble together a gps solution, perhaps even with google maps, this might be a great way to go.  the gps thing hasn't been done yet has it?  i found some discussion on it, and see no reason it should not work.

No question about it -- that's the Chumby logo.  I always thought that with all the different sensors, it would be fun to somehow use a Chumby in the car (widgets to monitor performance -- lap times, lateral gs, etc -- would be really cool).  Hopefully the good folks at Chumby Industries will be able to tell us more soon.

Or use the chumby in AP mode, and connect it to a 3G modem.  Makes for fun roadtrips.

Zoltar tried to glue new chumbie one onto dashbord of van. Then realized battery only last so long, so then Zoltar buyed ALOT of power cable extensions and now can get to Rubios. But now realized wifi has have problems becaus Zoltars linksis only shoots enough internet to reach to the Davis house on corner. Will write soltuion when Zoltar find a solutine.