Topic: chumby guts power on question - switch useless? small button?

I am really confused about the switch thing I soldered. It looks like the way to turn it on and off is through a super tiny button on the front of the daughter board. What is the switch even for? I turned it on for the first time using the switch, but the switch hasn't done anything since then. What could the problem be? is the switch supposed to be curved so I can hit the little button ? Is that little button a normal on/off button button or a reset button?

Re: chumby guts power on question - switch useless? small button?

The large flex switch is what goes at the top of a complete Chumby Classic and allows you to switch between the control panel and the widget stream.  The small switch on the daughterboard that's near the USB ports is the soft power switch.

This seems like an appropriate place for it.

I soldered up the large flex switch, and hooked it up to the daughterboard but it doesn't seem to be working.

I went back and re-did the soldering just to be sure, but again once everything was up and running, the switch didn't work and I am not able to get to the control panel.

Which points did you solder to?  Make sure the bend sensor switch is soldered at the COM and NO points and that it is connected to the p22 'bending unit' connector on the daughter card

I'm an idiot. I had it soldered to the wrong pins.

Thanks for the help.