Topic: freaking out, messed with chumbilical cord and now it doesn't work

So when I put together my chumby guts it worked fine the first time. I think I turned the switch and it turned on. Subsquent times I had to use the small white button to turn it on and off while it was still powered. I noticed that the chumblicial cord was hooked up in such a way so having the speakers on top of the screen was hard so I switched the cord. Now when it's plugged in I just hear static coming out of the speakers..I'm worried I shorted something out. I don't know how that could have happened though since I didn't force any cables. it doesn't matter which way I put in the cable, it's all staticky and the screen doesn't turn on. Maybe this is a problem with the switch since I'm assuming that should be a way to turn it on and off?

Re: freaking out, messed with chumbilical cord and now it doesn't work

Update. The soldering on the switch just got detached. Could this be the problem, that the connectivity wasn't working there? Please give me hope big_smile

The chumbilical connector isn't keyed, so it's possible to put it on backwards.  The first thing I'd check is to make sure it's plugged in the right way 'round.

I think I tried putting it on every way possible. Could I have zapped it by putting it on the wrong way?? and what is the switch for?