Topic: White screen

I was operating my Chumby One on battery and listening to music when I turned up the volume (via volume button) to what would have been max volume. Instead of increasing the volume my Chumby One decided to die and shows all screen pixels at full brightness in white. This state persists - even after removing the battery, (re- and than) unplugging the power cord. Is this an expected "state" for a dead/bricked Chumby One?

Re: White screen

Hello - anybody there to answer my question? The problem is still the same and  noone replied to my question in the official support forum (it's been 6 weeks). Shame on you.

Jürgen

I'd be frustrated too.

If you can, I'd chat with them here between 8-5 pacific time.

You are not alone.  Mine has the 'white screen of death' too.  before it happened, it would keep losing its internet connection (which as u know makes Chumby worthless).  I would unplug and it would get back its connection.  Then I was awakened in the middle of the nite with a bright light.  A nitelight is not what I was looking for!  Anyway, I fear it may be heading to be like that permanently.  For now, it starts up OK for about 2 hours......

Have either of you guys contacted Customer Support?