Topic: Chumby One - Control Panel 2.8.47 no screen click or choice

First question: what forum should I have posted this in?
When I first unboxed my C1 there was a choice (which was off by defualt) for click on screen touch.

My C1 did an update last night and this morning I noticed that the screen was not cliking when I touched it. I went to fix it via settings, volume and there is no longer a choice for "Click on screen touch".

Thanks, Matt

Re: Chumby One - Control Panel 2.8.47 no screen click or choice

Anyone else seeing this? I could have sworn it work when I first got it, before the first FW update. THere was another FW update a night or two ago and still missing the click option.

The option may have been there, but it would have been in error.

The C1 does not support touchclick.

Well that explains a lot then...

I could have sworn I saw it in the defult FW the C1 came with, but with as I get older, the more I see I don't always remember things 100% (thanks to 2-yr old twins too) so who knows.
Thanks for taking the time to let know and closing the loop. Also, thanks for giving me a way out and not saying "it was never in the FW for the C1, you totally mistaken" smile

Thanks! Matt

Bring back the click!

We can't "bring it back" - the touchclick was a built-in hardware feature of the touchscreen controller in the Classic.

We use a different touchscreen controller in the C1 that doesn't have that feature.

7 (edited by Materdaddy 2009-12-16 09:48:31)

Would it not be possible to have the control panel implement a "click" every time it receives a touchscreen pen-down event?  Or is this something that wouldn't be responsive and would be something else to maintain as a difference between cc and c1 versions of the control panel?

Linux Guy - Occasional Chumby Hacker