1 (edited by wohali 2009-12-07 15:30:10)

Topic: No longer boots

This is the story of a sad 3.7 chumby that was my daily friend but is no more. One day (two days ago) he just stopped booting. He won't get past the logo+chumby+bubbles screen. Trying to boot into special options, he doesn't get past the "loading special options" screen, either. The screen goes colour from the plain blue-and-white version, but he won't give me his menu.

The support link over at Customer Support seems to be down. Can someone contact me at <email address removed> and let me know how I can get service for my sad little chumby?

I love the device...sadly this is the second one that's given up the ghost in as many years. (The first had its wifi die.)

Joan
wohali@EFNet or freenode

Re: No longer boots

wohali wrote:

This is the story of a sad 3.7 chumby that was my daily friend but is no more. One day (two days ago) it just stopped booting. It won't get past the logo+chumby+bubbles screen. Trying to boot into special options, it doesn't get past the "loading special options" screen, either. The screen goes colour from the plain blue-and-white version, but it won't give me the menu.

The support link over at Customer Support seems to be down. Can someone contact me at joant@ieee.org and let me know how I can get service for my sad little chumby?

I love the device...sadly this is the second one that's given up the ghost in as many years. (The first had its wifi die.)

Our support system is up.  Please come in for a chat or shoot us an email and we will help you sort this out.
http://www.chumby.com/pages/help_support

Re: No longer boots

Oddly, after being turned off and put in a corner for two weeks to think about his transgressions, he's decided to start working again. I think the problem may be heat related. I've permanently enabled his sshd on boot now, and will be watching him. I'll be in touch if he decides to act up again.

Guess he just needed a time out.

Joan
wohali@EFNet or freenode