Topic: [Widget] Click Stick Game : Uploaded

Hi Duane and all Chumby Forum Members..

My Chumby game : Click Stick Game v1.1 is uploaded. I tired keeping the game play very simple and clear so that the end user (player) needs no brain .. Just Passion smile

The USP is the file size of the game : its just 14 KB (isn’t that Chumby friendly) and a very easy to play Game Play .As I donn have a chumby with me .. so I request people having it can try it, debug it and come up with feedback and suggestions (trust me I am good listener).

Its Uploaded Under : Entertainment > Click Stick Game v1.1

If this game works fine .. one more game is on a way to be Published.. So feedback is very much needed smile

Martin Selva

Re: [Widget] Click Stick Game : Uploaded

Its not there >_>
Is it public?

Can you post a .swf somewhere?

Yes .. i made it Public.. During Upload Proccess

Still ..this is the URL : http://www.chumby.com/virtual/index/7D7 … 161771249B of online.. and do we have a place whr i can upload my .swf file in is Forum?

OK - there's a little confusion.

When you make a widget for public use on the website, that doesn't actually make it public.  All clicking that checkbox does is give us permission to make it public.

Somebody from Chumby periodically goes through the widgets that are submitted for public use and marks them for public access as appropriate.

We may change this policy at some point, but this is the way it currently works.

I've made Martin's game public.

Duane wrote:

Somebody from Chumby periodically goes through the widgets that are submitted for public use and marks them for public access as appropriate.

We may change this policy at some point, but this is the way it currently works.

alright..will wait for it to go public..

Thanks a Lot Duane.. smile

Anyway, I tried it, and here's what I think of it.
Its a fun game, but it needs:
A) Wider pieces, its a bit hard to click them currently
B) AGH!! THEY'RE TAKING OVER!! tongue They just keep coming. Just generate 20-50, and if you get them all, leave a congrats note.
C)Don't do this now, but before its all done, give us more time to play. 15 seconds isn't enough, personally.

Is the R in START supposed to be like that?

Its a fun game, I'd play for awhile tongue

Duane, why do you do that? Are you just acting as a "spam filter"?
It also might be a good idea to let us developers know of something of ours is public or not, so this doesn't happen again tongue

zachninme wrote:

Duane, why do you do that? Are you just acting as a "spam filter"?
It also might be a good idea to let us developers know of something of ours is public or not, so this doesn't happen again tongue

Yeah, more or less - with a completely unmoderated public widget submission scheme, we run the risk of having widgets with highly offensive or illegal content showing up.

We'll work on a way to give feedback to the developer about the status of their widgets - right now there's no easy way to tell if a widget has been made public.

zachninme wrote:

Anyway, I tried it, and here's what I think of it.
Its a fun game, but it needs:
A) Wider pieces, its a bit hard to click them currently

B) AGH!! THEY'RE TAKING OVER!! tongue They just keep coming. Just generate 20-50, and if you get them all, leave a congrats note.

C)Don't do this now, but before its all done, give us more time to play. 15 seconds isn't enough, personally.

Is the R in START supposed to be like that?

Its a fun game, I'd play for awhile tongue

Point A : Have created a wider pieces.. (will upload my latest ver. in some time)

Point B : I tried creating this game with unlimited levels. The level progression addes up more sticks [ its '(LevelID * 5) + 10] so the catch here is .. you get to see 10 sticks when game starts.... and it keep on generating till the above equation is satisfiyed... coz this makes the user to clearup the screen before it becomes difficult smile

Point C : its a power based game (more you make the mistakes ..more power will be lost ) A grean bar on Top turns from Green To Red as we go on making mistakes. I will improve the indication panel .. i promise smile

Yes the R in START is supposed to be like that ..

Thanks a lot zachninme. will upload the source file very soon.. once i am done with a better graphics and a bit of cleanup and comments on game logic

Martin selva

I still think you need more time, and you should somehow integrate the beginning so its easy to skip over, currently it takes up 2 seconds of the 15 tongue

I'm glad you took it constructively, its a great game, and I know a lot of people who would act ignorantly tongue

Hi Zachninme.. Do correct me if i am wrong

zachninme wrote:

you should somehow integrate the beginning so its easy to skip over, currently it takes up 2 seconds of the 15 tongue

Is thr a problem with the game loading.? i mean do it need a loader or somthng.?

zachninme wrote:

I'm glad you took it constructively, its a great game, and I know a lot of people who would act ignorantly tongue

smile I belive in making a product with inputs smile

Thnks a lot once again..

On the first note, its that little screen that says "Spare Time Games". Perhaps integrating that on the "START" screen would save a second or two.

I've added a "Games" category if you guys would like to move your widgets there - it's probably more appropriate than "Entertainment", which seems a bit vague.

Thanks, I was actually going to suggest that tongue