Re: 2.8.33 Alarm/Night Mode Bug?

Was the device in night mode, or simply dim?

Simply dim.  I run a "Woot" channel in the middle of the night.

Hmm, that might be an unrelated issue - I'll look into it.

OK.  I checked last night.  The device switched over from dim to full brightness on it's own accord sometime between 1:20AM (EST) and 4:30AM (EST).

This occurred after a silent alarm had been set to switch it to dim at 12:59PM (EST).

Yes, I think i know the cause of that.  It's not due to alarms.  Working on it...

Duane,

Did you fix something?  I've been out of town.  Since I got back and started the Chumby, it has been working properly the last few nights.

No, but it's quite possible that you missed the (narrow) window in which this behavior might occur.

My luck has run out.  It didn't happen for 2 nights but has now happened the past 2 nights.  Seems like it is around 3AM - 4AM EST.

My Chumby is also not turning off at night, or it is turning itself back on after it turns off.  It doesn't matter if using beta or production control panel software.

I'm also experiencing the intermittent brightness changes during the night.  After configuring a simple alarm, I turned night mode on, then dark mode, and went to bed. A few hours into sleep I woke up and noticed the screen at full brightness.

The temporary fix has been to set the brightness to low and turn the chumby around to face the wall.

Is this a bug of sometype or a possible misconfigured alarm/setting?

Yes, I think it's a bug - I'm tracking it down.

Go Duane!  I'm rooting for you.  Smash that bug as it's really getting on my nerves!

Duane, any update on this issue?

Thanks,
GTM

Still working on it - it looks like QA has found the cause, just need to fix it now.

Duane,

Any update on this bugger?

Thanks,
GTM

Yes - it's fixed and will be in the next Control Panel release.

Still waiting....  it's very painful to be awakened every night by the bright screen.

I thought maybe when the C1 came out a new panel would be pushed, but no luck....

Actually, once things settle down a bit with C1, then we'll be promoting the CP we're using for C1 to the Classic.

I think the C1 is currently running 2.8.47, which has this fix.

The goal is to keep them in sync as soon as practically possible.

This is still an issue for me.  Any idea on a time frame for a fix as this is becoming extremely irritating at this point.  (I've waited 7 months for a fix, so I think I've been patient)

Duane,

Was the firmware update supposed to fix this bug? It hasn't on my device. 

From re-reading the posts, it looks like you were saying a Control Panel release was needed.  Is that next in the chain?  Please say yes....

Thanks

Firmware doesn't fix it - it does require a CP change.