Topic: blue tooth

what do you need to make chumby bluetooth caplabe, (price  instructions) and what could one use it to do?

Re: blue tooth

The easiest way would be to use a USB Bluetooth adaptor, and the appropriate Linux drivers.

3 (edited by skellener 2007-12-18 14:27:26)

That with one of those small Apple wireless BT keyboards would make a good set up for anything that needed typing on the Chumby.

As I am sitting here on a conference call with my bluetooth headset, I had to wonder if it would be possible to turn the Chumby into a bluetooth speakerphone. I mean Chumby has a microphone and speakers, just add bluetooth into the hardware either internally or through a USB adapter. I know I would like this for conference calls and calls with the family. What does everyone else think?

-HuckFinn

Chumby = Skype Phone maybe?

It would be cool to use bluetooth dun on a cell phone and a batt to be truly portable.

If i got bluetooth on my chumby the first thing NO MATTER WHAT would be to get a http://www.virtual-laser-keyboard.com/ and hook it up right away!!(eventhough its like the same price as chumby) it would be worth every penny

Heh not gonna lie, it be cute to be able to use Chumby as a dialer with a BT phone, or as a BT speakerphone.. or use a PAN to connect online via cellular (not automatic though)
Not sure it has enough oomph though

How about it pulling off the phone number and name from your mobile when someone calls?

How about switching channels when a certain person (based on their mobile, with bluetooth active) is near? say you get home from work, chuck your phone & keys on the desk, and chumby shows you what's on TV and your email, or whatever. you get the idea. like poor man's RFID kinda.

any thoughts?

11 (edited by wayn3w 2008-05-07 15:35:41)

velkrosmaak wrote:

How about switching channels when a certain person (based on their mobile, with bluetooth active) is near? say you get home from work, chuck your phone & keys on the desk, and chumby shows you what's on TV and your email, or whatever. you get the idea. like poor man's RFID kinda.

any thoughts?

Working on it!  My goal is a little different, but essentially the same thing.

wayn3w wrote:
velkrosmaak wrote:

any thoughts?

Nice! How's this coming along? What is your goal, if you don't mind my asking?

velkrosmaak wrote:
wayn3w wrote:
velkrosmaak wrote:

any thoughts?

Nice! How's this coming along? What is your goal, if you don't mind my asking?

Don't mind at all.  I want to make a Chumby Kiosk; something that will be sitting on a public desk.  It will play neutral content until a registered person arrives, where he/she will be able to see content tailored for them.   I guess what makes it differnet is that I'm targetting lots of people instead of one.

Current status: hardare purchased: http://www.amazon.com/Kensington-K33902 … B000YA1XU2
I have the software model designed, so my next step is to compile the bluttooth kernel modules.

I'm currently trying to finish up two widgets before I devote my enitire attention to this (hey -- I wish Chumbys were my day job), but I can see most of it working at end of June.

wayn3w

I am a new Chumby1 owner.Right off the bat,I wanted to stream audio to my bluetooth speakers.I am a Pandora user.I have found a way to stream audio to my speakers.I have a Blackberry audio BT audio gateway connected to my speakers.I connected a Jabra  A120S BT adapter to my Chumby simply plugs into audio out on Chumby this  setup pairs easily  and works great!

Love to have BT working on Chumby. I have BT hearing aids and to pair with the Chumby would be fantastic.