Topic: bug report: timer buttons don't appear with Pandora

I keep meaning to post this and forgetting. It's a simple, and easily reproducible bug:

If I go into Pandora when no music is playing, then the music starts playing (as it should), but if I don't change the Pandora "station" then the "sleep timer" buttons don't appear, and it doesn't give me the timer checkbox when I put the Chumby in night mode. If I chose a different station, or if I choose a different station and then switch back to the first station, then the sleep timer DOES function correctly.

So, I suspect that the function that watches for music starting and displays the sleep timer only gets activated in Pandora when I change the station, and doesn't realize that just opening Pandora and closing it is enough to start the last station that I played.

Please look into this! Thanks!

Re: bug report: timer buttons don't appear with Pandora

Yes, we've filed a bug for this.  Thanks!

Re: bug report: timer buttons don't appear with Pandora

Duane wrote:

Yes, we've filed a bug for this.  Thanks!

You're welcome! I just now noticed that I'd previously reported this bug in the "beta feedback" section, which explains why I thought I'd already mentioned it but couldn't find it here in the "beta bug reports" section. smile

I also just discovered that I can also make the timer buttons appear without changing the station by going into Pandora, then exiting, and then going back in again and exiting again. Although that method stops whatever song it started playing the first time I went in, and starts playing a different song.