1 (edited by Krazz 2008-11-05 13:49:24)

Topic: Night mode is waking up

When I go to sleep I put the radio on and then I set the Chumby to night mode. I go into lala land and mostly wake up to the Chumby having a bright screen after leaving night mode on its own. I click the night mode again (after my vision comes back) and go back to sleep. After a while I wake up again with the Chumby showing the bright screen again.

I have tested different things to manually get the Chumby to leave night mode but I can't figure it out. To me there seems to be some sort of trigger somewhere in the software that causes this to happen. Actually, there is one way I can cause it to leave night mode. When I enter night mode and right away tilt the Chumby forward, putting the screen facing the table, it leaves night mode. This only works sometimes and it never works unless I do it right away after entering night mode - at least I think so.

I should also add that I have added the sleep script (http://forum.chumby.com/viewtopic.php?pid=17626#p17626) to the Chumby. The script works nicely and I don't think the script has anything to do with the problem since the script is finished when I wake up in the middle of the night and enter night mode for the second, third, fourth... time.

I hope you can help me with this since I am out of ideas here. hmm

My puppies: Night Clock

Re: Night mode is waking up

Try enabling 'click on screen touch' in the control panel. This way you can hear if the screen is somehow being engaged.

I did this last night and I did notice that the touch sensor on the screen was extremely sensitive. But when I sleep the Chumby is pretty much out of reach and it's on a very sturdy table, there is just no way I could have accidentally triggered the screen sensor all these times.

I'm confused...

Please contact customer support to discuss this further - http://www.chumby.com/pages/help_support

Neither the chat form or the mail form is working on the support page. I tried in both IE and FF.

Krazz wrote:

Neither the chat form or the mail form is working on the support page. I tried in both IE and FF.

The chat form should be giving you a message that all operators are offline. We will be available from 9am PST for chat.
The email form seems to be working as expected.  Please either drop us an email or come to chat after 9am PST.
Thanks, Matt

I am having the same problem, and there is no way anyone alive is touching the chumby. It is a big joke that we have a ghost that likes to play with our chumby at night. It doesn't happen every night, and when it happens, it can happen three times or just once. Help!

Twinkle, did you contact the support? I get an error on all my computers when I try to bring up the support forms (I'm going to try from work today) so I don't know what their answer is.

I have written to the support now (the support site didn't work due to a filter in my SmoothWall). I'll let you know what they come up with.