Topic: Channel control panel suggestion

Right now, when you press "channel" on the control panel you get a screen with "reload", "change", "info", and "accept".  If you press "change" you get a list of channels, and a button to change to the selected channel.  If you press "info" you get a list of channels, and a button to get the info on the selected channel.

What I would suggest is when you press "channel" on the control panel, you go directly to a screen showing the list of channels.  At the bottom of the channel list screen, have "reload", "change", "info", "accept", and "cancel" buttons.  This way everything could be done on one screen without having to navigate 3 menus deep to change a channel.

Re: Channel control panel suggestion

It used to work *exactly* that way - people were confused, so we changed it.

We has considered combining the "info" and "channel" functionality into one screen, however, people tended to get confused when presented with a "change" button when they wanted info, and "info" when the wanted to change the channel.  We should probably add a "change" button to the "info" screen and live with the redundancy.

More importantly, however, we're planning on adding a few more buttons to that screen to add some important functionality, and there wouldn't be any room on an "all-in-one" screen.

Ok, I guess sometimes what sounds good doesn't always work well.  But I still would like a more direct way to change channels.  Perhaps you could consider a channel up/down button on the main control panel screen, kind of like the way the main control panel screen allows you to switch to the next or previous widget, but change the channel instead.

I'll forward the request to Product Management.