Topic: Pandora Alarm doesn't work.

It plays 'beep' instead. How do I get it to work?

Thanks.

Re: Pandora Alarm doesn't work.

I'm having the same issue with my chumby at home and I'm thinking it's due to a low WiFi signal.  My chumbys at work do not have this issue.
I will be doing some testing over the weekend to see if I can pin it down to my network.
I'll keep you posted.

Thanks, I really love Pandora and I would hate to have to wake up to Beep every morning.

yeah i have the same problem but it seem to be with shoutcast too i believe is the name

Please see this thread - we have a known issue with Pandora alarms that we're working on.

Does this issue extend to other alarms other than Pandora?

I modified uSirius/uXM to work with TVersity so we could put urls under My Streams. I can play/stop them all day through the control panel, but as an alarm, it just goes to the backup beep. I know the Chumby is hitting uSirius constantly during the entire alarm.

Thanks,
-- Jason

I'll ask QA look into possible issues with My Streams alarms as well.

Nope, still a problem, I did a bit of testing. it seems to eather work at night or if on nite mode for a short period of time. However if it is at 6:00-7:00 i think  (this is when i tested it) it will not work. This morning it did not even beep like it use to.

Yes, we still have a problem.  We're testing a fix in QA now - things are looking good, but the fix requires a QA regression of the music and alarm subsystems to make sure that there were no side effects.

Oh, ok. sorry when you gave the link i thought the fix came out already.

Thanks for the update

We did deploy a modified Pandora that fixed *some* things, including *some* of the circumstances under which the Pandora alarm would fall back to a beep, however, there is a remaining circumstance under which the alarms will certainly fail that is still not released.

The other fixes were low impact, and were released when ready, but this fix could theoretically affect other alarms, so it needed more testing.

Ok, so just makeing sure the music does not work at all? I tried puting music on a flash drive and tested that it played (which it did) but did not go off in the morning at all. Just makeing sure this is part of the bug