Topic: Widget examples

I've posted some sample code for a couple of widgets - a simple analog clock, and an RSS-based widget that pulls information from one of our servers.

Both widgets are pretty well documented and can be used as foundations for your own widgets.  Both require Flash MX (aka Flash 6) or later.

You might also want to review the rapidly changing documentation here.  I've posted information on how to access the various sensors from Flash.

Have fun!

Re: Widget examples

I've also added an example webcam widget.

And another clock (a request from someone in the forum!).

Here's an example of a configurable widget. It has two parts - a movie that runs on the web site that allows the user to set a line of text, and the widget itself that displays the text.

Sample Banner Widget

We found an "interval" leak in the RSS example widget - the updated version has been uploaded.  Please revise any widgets based on this code.

Thanks, and sorry about the bug.

We've posted the source for the current Flickr widget here.

It can be used as a template for the creation of other photo viewing widgets that behave in a similar manner.

Hi,
thanks for sharing your samples based on Flash MX.
Are samples like the apps you preseted here also available in pure AS in order to compile them using MTASC?

Thanks in advance,
Michael.

Any chance to have a look at a configurable RSS widget?
I've tried using code from the Sample Banner Widget, but am having problem
getting my widget to understand the RSS feed.

Thanks!

I'd really like the code for your current rss-widget.
I'd like to costumize it, to display fullscreen images, and a little something else...
- what have you got to loose?

Hi Duane,

I'm a programmer and i'd love to do some simple stuff for the chumby and share it with people. But what would be great is if most ppl who uploaded their widgets could easily 'open source' it, perhaps as part of the upload process. For example, there are a few widgets that I can think of right now that I would modify and repost w/ the modifications if i could get a hold of the source code. (i just do not know enough flash/have the time to recreate their cool widgets from scratch, just to add a small new feature)

We don't need a repository w/ a buildmaster.

Just a tweak in the upload process so authors can easily share their source w/ the public. Then ppl can download it and resubmit new widgets based on the old ones.

what is w/ chumbofan? ppl is easy, but with w/ I've lost...

I suspect "with".. See here:
http://www.gaarde.org/acronyms/?lookup=W

13 (edited by chumbofan 2008-11-01 22:35:00)

@theMartix. Yes I meant it as a shortened version of "with" /w or w/

Thanks engberg.

I'm going to start a new thread about it to see if ppl agree.

Duane wrote:

We've posted the source for the current Flickr widget here.

It can be used as a template for the creation of other photo viewing widgets that behave in a similar manner.

Great! thanks!

15 (edited by aphexZero 2011-02-26 14:32:17)

Hello Duane!
I just converted your analog-clock to AS3.
http://dasnachtwerk.net/permanent/flash … ck_as3.swf
http://dasnachtwerk.net/permanent/flash … ck_as3.fla

Uhh - just seen - there's something wrong about it...
Let me check this.
Fixed it!