Topic: About the current beta...

I think it is perhaps the best update for the Chumby yet, and can't wait for this to be out of beta.

The volume slider on the main CP screen is great, and I am happy to finally see that on my Chumby. Definitely a better use of screen real estate than the "Hide Control Panel" button considering how that functionality was duplicated on the main screen.

Of course, the big feature is the addition of Pandora. THANK YOU! However, this is where the "can't wait for this to be out of beta" comes into play. I just rebooted my Chumby, and immediately went into Pandora.

The first thing that strikes me is that the station (and every other similar area in the Pandora subWidget) area sliding action isn't immediately obvious. All of the other music sources built in have you using scroll buttons scroll. The Pandora widget does provide you with a scroll bar as an INDICATOR, but what occurred to me immediately upon seeing it was to try to use that to scroll. I even grabbed a stylus and attempted to use that to scroll before I realized that the list moved when the stylus was off the scroll bar. It is, to me however, an odd inconsistency, and in my opinion the subWidget would be better if it worked in a manner consistent with the rest of the built in CP subWidgets.

The second thing is performance. Doing anything with the Pandora subWidget seems a little slow. Entering in my login info for Pandora, there was a noticeable lag between input and register. To the point where I would tap a several letters and then see the indicator appear on the on-screen keyboard/show up in the input area. Scrolling seems sluggish also. Switching songs and rating them, however, does not. It is, yet again, another glaring inconsistency with the rest of the built in CP subWidgets. If there is ANYTHING you can do to speed the Pandora subWidget up it would significantly improve the experience.

I understand that getting Pandora fully running on the Chumby must have been no small feat. The UI issues inherent in getting almost every element of Pandora usable on a 3.5 inch screen must be pretty difficult to deal with. Overall, I do have to say, that UI wise, you guys did a great job. Save for scrolling, everything is immediately and (in my opinion) intuitively placed.

The exact same can (and should) be said about getting Pandora running on the Chumby at all. I have no idea what technical snags you guys have managed to run across while getting Pandora running on the Chumby. In the end, I am very happy with what you guys have managed as is. But, as I said earlier, I think there are two things that (if possible) should be changed before the end of the beta period for the sake of delivering the best possible Chumby using experience.

Re: About the current beta...

Yeah, I love the Pandora too.

The only problem I ran into was the slugish Pandora menu, and that when I set Pandora as my alarm, when it went off, it played 'Beep' instead. Has anybody else here had that same problem?

3 (edited by wayn3w 2008-09-23 04:15:40)

I like the new Pandora music player!  I've been waiting for this for a while.

I had one small problem, in that it took me a while to figure out how to scroll my long list of stations.  I kept thinking the separator between the stations and the current song was a slider... Modeling inertia in the list of stations was a very pleasant surprise and a useful feature!

If I may ask a non-judgemental question:  why was the decision to present a UI like the mini-browser instead of like the iPhone?  And was the UI a work of ChumbyCo or the Pandora team?

Going forward, one of the strengths of the Pandora user interface was its ability to help you along by popping up information as you use it, until it was clear you don;t need it anymore.  Will this be available for the users new to the Chumby experience?  (I didn;t get a chance t try that out -- I was too eager and went right away to logging in to see my list of songs and hear my music start up right away).

And one more thing:  thanks for sending out the e-mail saying there was this new beta!

Great work!

wayn3w

The addition of Pandora is brilliant! Thanks for the Beta preview!

5 (edited by 76house 2008-09-25 08:55:03)

* The possibility of CP translation sounds great! I'm gonna try it soon ...

* Good idea to have configurable music sources. Hopefully this will work also for built-in sources (e.g. US-weather stations are not applicable for me).

* I still miss some better UI for own radio stations. Currently I have over 100 stream URLs and I would appreciate some better way for list scrolling, jumping to currently playing station when re-entering the screen and some kind of search / filtering (e.g. by tags, genres ...). I would love to play my radio stations with as little "clicks" as possible smile

* Pandora can be super, unfortunately it works only in U.S. hmm ... BTW is there any news about Last.FM integration?

6 (edited by darundal 2008-09-25 11:53:46)

76house, if you check out this thread you will see how you can (unofficially) get Last.FM running on your Chumby. It works really well, although the Last.FM control widget will be automatically added to any channel you are running on your Chumby while the dongle is in. Also, the Last.FM control widget doesn't have a UI quite as well thought out as the Pandora widget, and only supports basic listening of stations.

Hello!

The new CP is great! I've been waiting it for translating my chumby into Spanish so my girlfriend can use it too!.

I have tested it and it's almost translated but i find some problems in the process:

When there is an ' (apostrophe), the translation has no efects so the chumby "thinks" it's the end of the line.
When there is an "ñ" (typical spanish letter!), the same problem than before.
When there is a value that is taken in execution time (name of the channel, number of existing channels, etc), it don't translate any part of the phrase.
Too, as it doesn't distinct into functions, a word that must be uppercase in some screens, must be lowercase in others but chumby only takes the first line of this word translated and applies to all others. This will be fixed distinguishing between uppercase and lowercase in the original CP.

I think, it would there any symbol or character (/, ", %...) that tells chumby that this special character are part of the phrase and don't stops translating at this point. Any help on this thread?

For someone who want to translate it too to other languages, here is my spanish.xml with "a few" lines of translation:

<translation>
<ts o='Initializing...' t='Iniciando...'/>
<ts o='Authorizing...' t='Autorizando...'/>
<ts o='Checking network status' t='Comprobando estado de la red...'/>
<ts o='Checking network devices' t='Comprobando dispositivos de red...'/>
<ts o='HIDE CONTROL PANEL' t='OCULTAR PANEL DE CONTROL'/>
<ts o='DONE' t='Ok'/>
<ts o='MUTE' t='SILENCIO'/>
<ts o='CHANNEL' t='CANAL'/>
<ts o='MUSIC' t='MUSICA'/>
<ts o='NIGHT' t='NOCHE'/>
<ts o='ALARMS' t='ALARMAS'/>
<ts o='SETTINGS' t='AJUSTES'/>
<ts o='DELETE' t='BORRAR'/>
<ts o='RATE' t='VOTAR'/>
<ts o='SEND' t='ENVIAR'/>
<ts o='STAY' t='BLOQ.'/>
<ts o='No chums for this account' t='No hay chums en esta cuenta'/>
<ts o='Sorry, nobody has added this account as a chum.' t='Lo sentimos, nadie ha agregado esta cuenta como chum.'/>
<ts o='Rate this widget' t='Vota este widget'/>
<ts o='YOUR rating:' t='Tu voto'/>
<ts o='Overall rating:' t='Votos totales'/>
<ts o='Delete widget from channel' t='Eliminar widget del canal'/>
<ts o='Are you sure you want to delete the widget' t='Estas seguro de que quieres eliminar el widget'/>
<ts o='YES' t='SI'/>
<ts o='NO' t='NO'/>
<ts o='Channels' t='Canales'/>
<ts o='Current channel of' t='Canal actual de'/>
<ts o='Reloading channel...' t='Recargando el canal...'/>
<ts o='Change the channel' t='Cambiar el canal'/>
<ts o='Info for channel...' t='Informacion del canal...'/>
<ts o='Loading channel...' t='Cargando el canal...'/>
<ts o='Widgets in' t='Widgets en'/>
<ts o='My Streams' t='Mis Streams'/>
<ts o='My music files' t='Mis archivos de musica'/>
<ts o='GO TO' t='IR A'/>
<ts o='Scanning for music files...' t='Buscando archivos de musica...'/>
<ts o='Idle' t='En espera'/>
<ts o='Name:' t='Nombre:'/>
<ts o='Type:' t='Tipo:'/>
<ts o='Stream name' t='Nombre del stream'/>
<ts o='Are you sure you want to delete the stream' t='Estas seguro de que quieres eliminar el stream'/>
<ts o='channels:' t='canales:'/>
<ts o='Default' t='Predefinido'/>
<ts o='RELOAD' t='RECARGAR'/>
<ts o='CHANGE' t='CAMBIAR'/>
<ts o='INFO' t='INFO'/>
<ts o='ACCEPT' t='ACEPTAR'/>
<ts o='Music' t='Musica'/>
<ts o='Select a music source...' t='Selecciona un origen...'/>
<ts o='Settings' t='Ajustes'/>
<ts o='CHUMBY INFO' t='INFO CHUMBY'/>
<ts o='SOFTWARE LICENSE' t='LICENCIAS SOFT.'/>
<ts o='Software licenses' t='Licencias de Software'/>
<ts o='registered to' t='Registrado por'/>
<ts o='chumby name:' t='Nombre del Chumby:'/>
<ts o='channel name:' t='Nombre del canal:'/>
<ts o='netmask:' t='Mascara:'/>
<ts o='gateway:' t='P. enlace:'/>
<ts o='link quality:' t='Calidad enlace:'/>
<ts o='signal:' t='potencia:'/>
<ts o='noise:' t='ruido:'/>
<ts o='Set volume and balance' t='Ajustar volumen y balance:'/>
<ts o='Left/Right speaker balance' t='Balance del altavoz Izdo/Dcho'/>
<ts o='Click on screen touch' t='Click al pulsar pantalla'/>
<ts o='L' t='I'/>
<ts o='R' t='D'/>
<ts o='Set screen brightness' t='Ajustar brillo de la pantalla'/>
<ts o='Full brightness' t='Brillo alto'/>
<ts o='Low brightness' t='Brillo bajo'/>
<ts o='Set time from the Internet' t='Sincronizar hora por Internet'/>
<ts o='SET DATE' t='AJUSTAR FECHA'/>
<ts o='SET TIME ZONE' t='AJUSTAR Z. HORARIA'/>
<ts o='JANUARY' t='ENERO'/>
<ts o='FEBRUARY' t='FEBRERO'/>
<ts o='MARCH' t='MARZO'/>
<ts o='APRIL' t='ABRIL'/>
<ts o='MAY' t='MAYO'/>
<ts o='JUNE' t='JUNIO'/>
<ts o='JULY' t='JULIO'/>
<ts o='AUGUST' t='AGOSTO'/>
<ts o='SEPTEMBER' t='SEPTIEMBRE'/>
<ts o='OCTOBER' t='OCTUBRE'/>
<ts o='NOVEMBER' t='NOVIEMBRE'/>
<ts o='DECEMBER' t='DICIEMBRE'/>
<ts o='New or existing connection?' t='Conexion nueva o existente?'/>
<ts o='HELP' t='AYUDA'/>
<ts o='MAC address' t='MAC'/>
<ts o='Would you like to create a new wireless internet connection for your chumby or use one already set up?' t='Quieres crear una conexion nueva para tu Chumby o usar una existente?'/>
<ts o='create a new connection' t='crear una conexion nueva'/>
<ts o='use an existing connection' t='usar conexion existente'/>
<ts o='Choose a network configuration' t='Elige una red inalambrica'/>
<ts o='Scanning for wireless connections...' t='Buscando redes inalambricas'/>
<ts o='Choose a wireless connection' t='Elige una red inalambrica'/>
<ts o='OTHER' t='OTRA'/>
<ts o='Enter name of access point' t='Introduce el nombre del PA'/>
<ts o='TOUCH THE GREEN STAR' t='PULSA LA ESTRELLA'/>
<ts o='Drag the ball from ring A to B with your finger' t='Mueve la bola del criculo A al B con el dedo'/>
<ts o='Stopping and starting along the way is OK' t='Puedes parar y continuar'/>
<ts o='Worked fine? Press DONE. If not, press RETRY or wait 15 seconds to try again' t='Si ha funcionado, pulsa OK. Si no, pulsa REINT o espera 15 segundos para intentarlo de nuevo'/>
<ts o='RETRY' t='REINT'/>
<ts o='Sweet!' t='Perfecto!'/>
<ts o='VOLUME' t='VOLUMEN'/>
<ts o='BRIGHTNESS' t='BRILLO'/>
<ts o='TIME/DATE' t='HORA/FECHA'/>
<ts o='NETWORK' t='RED'/>
<ts o='TOUCHSCREEN' t='CALIB. PANTALLA'/>
<ts o='Alarms' t='Alarmas'/>
<ts o='QUICK ALARM' t='RAPIDA'/>
<ts o='CUSTOM ALARM' t='PERSONALIZAR'/>
<ts o='ALARM VOLUME' t='VOL. DE LA ALARMA'/>
<ts o='Set Quick Alarm' t='Ajuste de la alarma rapida'/>
<ts o='alarm audio:' t='Sonido alarma:'/>
<ts o='minute snooze' t='Repeticion Mins'/>
<ts o='alarm OFF' t='Desactivada'/>
<ts o='alarm ON' t='Activada'/>
<ts o='None' t='Ninguno'/>
<ts o='Set custom alarms' t='Ajustar alarmas personalizadas'/>
<ts o='Tap the checkbox to turn an alarm on/off' t='Marca para activar/desactivar una alarma'/>
<ts o='Daily at' t='Diariamente a las'/>
<ts o='EDIT' t='EDITAR'/>
<ts o='INFO' t='INFO'/>
<ts o='DELETE' t='ELIMINAR'/>
<ts o='NEW' t='NUEVA'/>
<ts o='When should the alarm sound?' t='¿Cuando debe sonar la alarma?'/>
<ts o='Daily' t='Diariamente'/>
<ts o='One time' t='Una vez'/>
<ts o='Weekdays' t='Dias de diario'/>
<ts o='Weekends' t='Fines de semana'/>
<ts o='Sundays' t='Domingos'/>
<ts o='Mondays' t='Lunes'/>
<ts o='Tuesdays' t='Martes'/>
<ts o='Wednesdays' t='Miercoles'/>
<ts o='Thursdays' t='Jueves'/>
<ts o='Fridays' t='Viernes'/>
<ts o='Saturdays' t='Sabados'/>
<ts o='Back' t='Atras'/>
<ts o='Next' t='Sig.'/>
<ts o='What time should the alarm sound?' t='¿A que hora debe sonar la alarma?'/>
<ts o='NOW' t='Ahora'/>
<ts o='CANCEL' t='CANCELA'/>
<ts o='Set alarm schedule' t='Ajusta los dias'/>
<ts o='Set time' t='Ajusta la hora'/>
<ts o='Set audio' t='Ajusta el sonido'/>
<ts o='What sound should the alarm use?' t='¿Que sonido debe usar la alarma?'/>
<ts o='Set duration' t='Ajusta la duracion'/>
<ts o='How long should the alarm sound?' t='Cuanto tiempo debe sonar la alarma'/>
<ts o='Set backup alarm' t='Ajusta la alarma secundaria'/>
<ts o='Should the backup alarm be on?' t='Activar la alarma secundaria?'/>
<ts o='yes' t='si'/>
<ts o='no' t='no'/>
<ts o='The backup alarm will wake you with a loud beep if you dont respond to your primary alarm. An unreliable internet connection could affect your primary alarm.' t='Si activas la alarma secundaria, sonara un pitido alto si no paras la alarma principal. Una conexion a internet inestable puede afectar a la alarma principal.'/>
<ts o='Set snooze duration' t='Ajusta la duracion de la repeticion'/>
<ts o='How long should the snooze last?' t='Cuanto tiempo debe durar la repeticion?'/>
<ts o='Set action after alarm' t='Ajusta la accion despues de parar la alarma'/>
<ts o='After the alarm is dismissed, do the following:' t='Despues de desactivar la alarma:'/>
<ts o='Return to prior screen' t='Volver a la pantalla anterior'/>
<ts o='Night mode on' t='Activar modo noche'/>
<ts o='Night mode off' t='Desactivar modo noche'/>
<ts o='Power off' t='Apagar'/>
<ts o='Play' t='Reprod.'/>
<ts o='Name this alarm' t='Nombre de la alarma'/>
<ts o='CLEAR' t='BORRAR'/>
<ts o='Alarm info' t='Informacion de la alarma'/>
<ts o='Alarm name:' t='Nombre de la alarma:'/>
<ts o='When:' t='Cuando:'/>
<ts o='Audio:' t='Sonido:'/>
<ts o='Audio duration:' t='Duracion sonido:'/>
<ts o='Backup alarm:' t='Alarma secundaria:'/>
<ts o='Alarm/snooze screen:' t='Pantalla de alarma/repet:'/>
<ts o='Snooze:' t='Repeticion:'/>
<ts o='After alarm:' t='Despues de la alarma:'/>
</translation>

Thanks for the feedback and excellent work!

In XML, certain characters must be converted to "entities" - for instance, if you're text requires the apostrophe character, you must include it as "&apos;". The characters that require this are:

double quote (") should be "
apostrophe (') should be &apos;
left angle (<) should be <
right angle (>) should be >
ampersand (&) should be &

You are correct about the upper/lower case thing - I'll look into that.

The other thing to make sure of is that the file is encoded in UTF-8 - it will not work if encoded as ISO-8859 as is typical of a Windows text editor.

If it correct that we do not translate some of the dynamically generated text, such as channel names, since a translator can't know what users will name their channels.  However, some of the dynamic text supports parameter substitutions, for instance, this should work:

<ts o='Current channel %1 of %2' t='Canal actual %1 de %2'/>

Hi Duane!

Thank you for the info, i've made some progress.

The parameter substitutions you talk of, isn't working on my tests. Can you please show me a more visual example?. The phrase "Are you sure you want to delete the widget "name_of_the_widget"?" will be great. How do you treat the phrases with "dinamic" text (such channel names)? did i must include the final "?" or not?.

Too i want to ask you, wich parts of the menus aren't translatable, so i think, the final IP confirmation screen can't be translated and with many more happens the same...

Maybe i'm going to do a stupid question, but, are there any way to restart the CP without restarting Chumby? (Sorry if this is answered in other post, but i haven't seen).

Thank you for your help!

Turn on the "debugMode" flag in the translation.xml file - that will output the <ts> nodes for all untranslated text in the trace log, and you can just cut/paste into your translation file.  The Channels screen should output a node that uses parameter substitution.

This *should* work for you, because we already have a full Japanese translation, and a partial Korean one.

11 (edited by segoz 2008-09-29 02:05:55)

Hello!

Well, the translation is almost complete. There are some details to fix but it's usable. Please, if somebody uses it and encounter any word not well translated, tell me so i can fix it.

Here is the two files and the location for each file:

translation.xml must be in /psp

<translate languageFile='/psp/spanish.xml'/>

spanish.xml must be in /psp too

<translation>
<ts o="Backup alarm" t="Alarma secundaria" />
<ts o="Choose key encoding" t="Elige tipo de codificación" />
<ts o="CLOSE" t="CERRAR" />
<ts o="DNS, just use the same IP as the primary DNS." t="DNS, usa la misma IP que pusiste en el servidor DNS primario." />
<ts o="Drag the ball from ring A to B with your finger. " t="Mueve la bola con el dedo desde el circulo A al B. " />
<ts o="For assistance refer to HELP > FAQs on chumby.com." t="Para obtener soporte, consulta la ayuda o > FAQs en chumby.com." />
<ts o="Loading " t="Cargando " />
<ts o="Loading network configurations..." t="Cargando configuraciones de red..." />
<ts o="MANUAL" t="MANUAL" />
<ts o="minute" t="minuto" />
<ts o="minutes" t="minutos" />
<ts o="Otherwise, choose ASCII" t="En otro caso, marca ASCII" />
<ts o="Preparing widget for deletion" t="Preparando para eliminación del widget" />
<ts o="Set action after alarm" t="Acción después de la alarma" />
<ts o="STOP" t="PARAR" />
<ts o="When" t="Cuando" />

<!-- Textos de inicio y apagado -->

<ts o='Initializing...' t='Iniciando...'/>
<ts o='Authorizing...' t='Autorizando...'/>
<ts o='Checking network status' t='Comprobando estado de la red...'/>
<ts o='Checking network devices' t='Comprobando dispositivos de red...'/>
<ts o='Rebooting...' t='Reiniciando...'/>
<ts o="%1 of %2" t="%1 de %2" />
<ts o="ACTIVATE" t="ACTIVAR" />
<ts o="AUTHORIZE" t="AUTORIZAR" />
<ts o="Authorization timed out" t="Autorización fallida" />
<ts o="Sorry, there was a problem connecting to the network." t="Lo sentimos, ha ocurrido un problema al conectar con la red." />
<ts o="SKIP" t="OMITIR" />
<ts o="HELP:" t="AYUDA:" />

<!-- Menu principal -->

<ts o='HIDE CONTROL PANEL' t='OCULTAR P.CONTROL'/>
<ts o='MUTE' t='SILENCIO'/>
<ts o='CHANNEL' t='CANAL'/>
<ts o='MUSIC' t='MÚSICA'/>
<ts o='NIGHT' t='NOCHE'/>
<ts o='ALARMS' t='ALARMAS'/>
<ts o='SETTINGS' t='AJUSTES'/>
<ts o='DELETE' t='BORRAR'/>
<ts o='RATE' t='VOTAR'/>
<ts o='SEND' t='ENVIAR'/>
<ts o='STAY' t='BLOQ.'/>

<!-- Menu ENVIAR -->

<ts o='No chums for this account' t='No hay chums en esta cuenta'/>
<ts o='Sorry, nobody has added this account as a chum.' t='Lo sentimos, nadie ha agregado esta cuenta como chum.'/>
<ts o='DONE' t='Ok'/>

<!-- Menu VOTAR -->

<ts o='Rate this widget' t='Vota este widget'/>
<ts o='YOUR rating:' t='Tu voto'/>
<ts o='Overall rating:' t='Votos totales'/>
<ts o='DONE' t='Ok'/>

<!-- Menu BORRAR -->

<ts o='Delete widget from channel' t='Eliminar widget del canal'/>
<ts o="Are you sure you want to delete the widget "%1"?" t="Estás seguro de que quieres eliminar el widget "%1"?" />
<ts o='YES' t='SI'/>
<ts o='NO' t='NO'/>

<!-- Menu CANAL -->

<ts o='Channels' t='Canales'/>
<ts o='Current channel of %1 channels:' t='Canal actual de %1 canales:'/>
<ts o='RELOAD' t='RECARGAR'/>
<ts o='CHANGE' t='CAMBIAR'/>
<ts o='INFO' t='INFO'/>
<ts o='ACCEPT' t='ACEPTAR'/>
<ts o='Reloading channel...' t='Recargando el canal...'/>
<ts o='Change the channel' t='Cambiar el canal'/>
<ts o='Info for channel...' t='Información del canal...'/>
<ts o='DONE' t='Ok'/>
<ts o='Loading channel...' t='Cargando el canal...'/>
<ts o='Widgets in "%1"' t='Widgets en "%1"'/>
<ts o="Cannot load channel..." t="No se puede cargar el canal..." />

<!-- Menu MUSICA -->

<ts o='Music' t='Música'/>
<ts o='Select a music source...' t='Selecciona un origen...'/>
<ts o='DONE' t='Ok'/>
<ts o='GO TO' t='IR A'/>
<ts o='Scanning for music files...' t='Buscando archivos de música...'/>
<ts o='Idle' t='En espera'/>
<ts o='Name:' t='Nombre:'/>
<ts o='Type:' t='Tipo:'/>
<ts o='Stream name' t='Nombre del stream'/>
<ts o='Are you sure you want to delete the stream "%1"?' t='¿Estás seguro de que quieres eliminar el stream "%1"?'/>
<ts o='YES' t='SI'/>
<ts o='NO' t='NO'/>
<ts o="%1 Music Files Found On USB" t="%1 canciones en el USB" />
<ts o="EJECT" t="EXPULSA" />
<ts o="Now Playing: Song %1 of %2" t="Reproduciendo: canción %1 de %2" />
<ts o="SHUFFLE" t="ALEAT." />
<ts o="Current" t="Reproduciendo" />

<!-- Menu AJUSTES -->

<ts o='Settings' t='Ajustes'/>
<ts o='CHUMBY INFO' t='INFO CHUMBY'/>
<ts o='VOLUME' t='VOLUMEN'/>
<ts o='BRIGHTNESS' t='BRILLO'/>
<ts o='TIME/DATE' t='HORA/FECHA'/>
<ts o='NETWORK' t='RED'/>
<ts o='TOUCHSCREEN' t='CALIB. PANTALLA'/>

<ts o='SOFTWARE LICENSE' t='LICENCIAS SOFT.'/>
<ts o='Software licenses' t='Licencias de Software'/>
<ts o="registered to:\t%1" t="registrado por:\t%1" />
<ts o="chumby name:\t%1" t="nombre del chumby:\t%1" />
<ts o="channel name:\t%1" t="nombre del canal:\t%1" />
<ts o="netmask:\t%1" t="Máscara:\t%1" />
<ts o="gateway: %1" t="P.Enlace: %1" />
<ts o="link quality: %1, signal: %2 dBm, noise: %3 dBm" t="cobertura wifi: %1, señal: %2 dBm, ruido: %3 dBm" />
<ts o="by" t="por" />
<ts o="can&apos;t find the one you previously created." t="no se puede encontrar la que has creado antes." />
<ts o="dns:\t\t%1" t="DNS:\t\t%1" />
<ts o="FW: %1" t="FIRM: %1" />
<ts o="GPL" t="GPL" />
<ts o="HW#: %1" t="HARDW#: %1" />
<ts o="HW: %1" t="HARDW: %1" />
<ts o="id: %1" t="ID: %1" />
<ts o="INTRO" t="INTRO" />
<ts o="ip:\t\t%1" t="IP:\t\t%1" />
<ts o="LGPL" t="LGPL" />
<ts o="MAC:\t%1" t="MAC:\t%1" />
<ts o="mins." t="mins." />

<ts o="OK" t="OK" />
<ts o="OK" t="OK" />
<ts o="On" t="On" />
<ts o="PM" t="PM" />
<ts o="Preparing widget to send" t="Preparando widget para enviarlo" />
<ts o="ssid:\t\t%1" t="SSID:\t\t%1" />
<ts o="SW: %1" t="SOFTW: %1" />
<ts o="There seems to be a network problem that is preventing this channel from loading." t="Parece que hay algún problema de red A29que hace que no se pueda cargar este canal." />
<ts o="This screen shows all the network connections you&apos;ve previously set up on this chumby. " t="Esta pantalla muestra todas las conexiones que has configurado anteriormente en este Chumby. " />

<ts o='Set volume and balance' t='Ajustar volumen y balance'/>
<ts o='Left/Right speaker balance' t='Balance del altavoz Izdo/Dcho'/>
<ts o='Click on screen touch' t='Click al pulsar pantalla'/>
<ts o='L' t='I'/>
<ts o='R' t='D'/>

<ts o='Set screen brightness' t='Ajustar brillo de la pantalla'/>
<ts o='Full brightness' t='Brillo alto'/>
<ts o='Low brightness' t='Brillo bajo'/>

<ts o='Set time from the Internet' t='Establecer hora usando Internet'/>
<ts o='Set time' t='CAMBIAR HORA'/>
<ts o='SET DATE' t='CAMBIAR FECHA'/>
<ts o='SET TIME ZONE' t='CAMBIAR CIUDAD'/>
<ts o='JANUARY' t='ENERO'/>
<ts o='FEBRUARY' t='FEBRERO'/>
<ts o='MARCH' t='MARZO'/>
<ts o='APRIL' t='ABRIL'/>
<ts o='MAY' t='MAYO'/>
<ts o='JUNE' t='JUNIO'/>
<ts o='JULY' t='JULIO'/>
<ts o='AUGUST' t='AGOSTO'/>
<ts o='SEPTEMBER' t='SEPTIEMBRE'/>
<ts o='OCTOBER' t='OCTUBRE'/>
<ts o='NOVEMBER' t='NOVIEMBRE'/>
<ts o='DECEMBER' t='DICIEMBRE'/>

<ts o='TOUCH THE GREEN STAR' t='PULSA LA ESTRELLA'/>
<ts o='Drag the ball from ring A to B with your finger' t='Mueve la bola del criculo A al B con el dedo'/>
<ts o="Worked fine? Press DONE. If not, press " t="Si ha funcionado pulsa Ok. Si no, pulsa " />
<ts o="   RETRY or wait 15 seconds to try again." t="   REINT o espera 15 segundos para intentarlo de nuevo." />
<ts o="Stopping and starting along the way is OK." t="Puedes parar y seguir mientras la arrastras." />
<ts o='RETRY' t='REINT'/>
<ts o='Sweet!' t='Perfecto!'/>

<ts o="or "Use an existing connection" to connect to a network already set up on this chumby.\n\n" t="o "Usar una conexión existente" para conectar a una red configurada anteriormente.\n\n" />
<ts o="Select "Create a new connection" for a new network connection, " t="Selecciona "Crear una conexión nueva" para una nueva conexión, " />
<ts o="The MAC address is a unique value associated with the network adaptor in this chumby.  " t="La MAC es una dirección unica asociada al adaptador wifi que tiene el Chumby. " />
<ts o='New or existing connection?' t='¿Conexión nueva o existente?'/>
<ts o='Scanning for access point...' t='Buscando el punto de acceso...'/>
<ts o='Access point scan failed' t='Búsqueda fallida'/>
<ts o="Sorry, the chumby cannot automatically fetch authorization information from this access point.  Press the "manual" button to enter this information directly." t="No se ha podido obtener automáticamente la información del punto de acceso. Pulsa el botón "MANUAL" para introducir la información manualmente." />
<ts o='Choose the authentication method' t='Elige el tipo de seguridad'/>
<ts o='Enter the WEP hex digits' t='Introduce clave WEP en HEX'/>
<ts o='Choose IP allocation method' t='Forma de obtención de IP'/>
<ts o='Automatic (recommended)' t='Automática (recomendada)'/>
<ts o='Enter IP' t='Introduce la IP'/>
<ts o='Enter netmask' t='Introduce la máscara de red'/>
<ts o='Enter IP of network gateway' t='Introduce la puerta de enlace'/>
<ts o='Enter IP of primary DNS' t='Introduce la IP del DNS primario'/>
<ts o='Enter IP of secondary DNS' t='Introduce la IP del DNS secund.'/>
<ts o='Confirm settings' t='Confirmar configuración'/>
<ts o='name:' t='nombre:'/>
<ts o='encryption:' t='encriptación:'/>
<ts o='static IP allocation:' t='Configuración IP estática:'/>
<ts o='Conecting to network...' t='Conectándose a la red...'/>
<ts o='Network connection failed' t='Conexión a la red fallida'/>
<ts o='chumby.com is unreachable' t='No se puede acceder a chumby.com'/>
<ts o='Enter the WPA hex digits' t='Introduce en HEX la clave WPA'/>
<ts o='Choose key encoding (WPA-PSK)' t='Elige codificación WPA-PSK'/>
<ts o='Choose key encoding (WPA2-PSK)' t='Elige codificación WPA2-PSK'/>
<ts o='Enter the WPA passphrase' t='Introduce la contraseña WPA'/>
<ts o='HELP' t='AYUDA'/>
<ts o='MAC address' t='MAC'/>
<ts o='Would you like to create a new wireless internet connection for your chumby or use one you&apos;ve already set up?' t='¿Quieres crear una conexión nueva para tu Chumby o usar una existente?'/>
<ts o='create a new connection' t='crear una conexión nueva'/>
<ts o='use an existing connection' t='usar conexión existente'/>
<ts o='Choose a network configuration' t='Elige una red inalambrica'/>
<ts o='Scanning for wireless connections...' t='Buscando redes inalambricas...'/>
<ts o='Choose a wireless connection' t='Elige una red inalambrica'/>
<ts o='OTHER' t='OTRA'/>
<ts o='Enter name of access point' t='Introduce el nombre del PA'/>
<ts o="If your network setup has MAC filtering enabled, you will need to add this to the list of allowed MAC addresses." t="Si tu red usa filtro de MAC, debes incluir esta a la lista de MACs permitidas." />
<ts o="Loading network configurations..." t="Cargando configuraciones..." />
<ts o="(also called SSID - "Service Set IDentifier")." t="(también llamado SSID - "Service Set IDentifier")." />
<ts o="255.255.255.0 is probably what you&apos;ll need to use." t="Seguramente 255.255.255.0 te funcione bien como máscara." />
<ts o="A gateway may have numbers similar to the first few sections of your IP.\n\n" t="La puerta de enlace tiene números similares a los primeros de la IP.\n\n" />
<ts o="A netmask looks like an IP, but typically has 255 in the first couple of sections.\n\n" t="La máscara de subred es una IP. Los primeros dígitos suelen ser 255.255.255.x.\n\n" />
<ts o="are likely to use WPA-PSK or WPA2-PSK.  Refer to the manual for your wireless device to determine " t="suelen usar WPA-PSK o WPA2-PSK.  Consulta el manual de tu dispositivo para más información " />
<ts o="Automatic: The majority of home setups use this automatic or "dynamic" method in which devices are " t="Automática: La mayor parte de configuraciones domésticas usa esta opción también llamada "dinámica" cuyos dispositivos " />
<ts o="automatically assigned an IP address upon startup (also called "DHCP").\n\n" t="reciben la IP automáticamente durante el arranque ("DHCP").\n\n" />
<ts o="what authentication method is being used." t="sobre el método de autenticación que usa tu router." />
<ts o=" of your IP.\n\nFor example, if your IP is 192.168.1.104, your DNS might be something like 192.168.5.12 ." t="de tu IP.\n\nPor ejemplo, si tu IP es 192.168.1.104, el servidor DNS puede ser algo como 192.168.5.12 ." />
<ts o="but has a similar format of four numbers separated by periods.  If you don&apos;t have a secondary " t="Tiene el mismo formato, 4 grupos de números separados por puntos. Si no tienes la dirección del servidor " />
<ts o="For instance, if your IP is 192.168.1.104, your gateway might be something like 192.168.1.1" t="Por ejemplo, si tu IP es 192.168.1.104, la puerta de enlace debe ser parecida a 192.168.1.1" />
<ts o="If you have other characters in your password, it&apos;s probably ASCII.\n\n" t="si tienes otros caracteres en la contraseña, probablemente es ASCII.\n\n" />
<ts o="If your password is 64 characters in length, and contains only the letters A-F and numbers 0-9, then choose HEX.\n\n" t="Si tu contraseña tiene 64 caracteres y solo contiene letras entre A y F y números entre 0 y 9, elige HEX.\n\n" />
<ts o="IPs are four numbers less than 256, separated by periods, like "192.168.1.104"" t="Las IPs son números menores de 256, separados por puntos, como "192.168.1.104"" />
<ts o="Manual: Choose this if you have a static IP address.  If you know very little about your wireless " t="Manual: Marca esta opción si quieres usar una IP fija.  Si sabes configurar tu red inalámbrica " />
<ts o="more green bars = stronger signal. The networks without a padlock icon are not encrypted (or "locked").\n\n" t="más barras verdes = mejor señal. Las redes que no tienen el icono de un candado no están encriptadas (o "protegidas").\n\n" />
<ts o="Not all wireless networks broadcast their names (for security reasons) " t="No todas las redes inalámbricas publican sus nombres (por razones de seguridad) " />
<ts o="numbers and symbols.\n\nBe sure to check the case - upper and lower case matters!" t="números y simbolos.\n\nAsegurate de respetar mayúsculas y minúsculas ya que se tienen en cuenta!" />
<ts o="or "Use an existing connection" to connect to a network already set up on this chumby.\n\n" t="o "Usar una conexión existente" para conectar a una red ya configurada en el Chumby.\n\n" />
<ts o="Select "Create a new connection" for a new network connection, " t="Selecciona "Crear una conexión nueva" para configurar una nueva red, " />
<ts o="Select "Other" if you need to manually enter an access point that may not be broadcasting its presence." t="Selecciona "Otras" si el nombre de tu punto de acceso no sale en la lista." />
<ts o="setup, it&apos;s doubtful you&apos;ll need to select this option." t=", puedes seleccionar esta opción e introducir los datos manualmente." />
<ts o="so you may need to manually enter the name of your access point " t="por lo que a lo mejor debes introducir el nombre del punto de acceso manualmente " />
<ts o="The IP of your primary DNS may have numbers similar to those in the first few sections " t="En la IP del servidor DNS, las primeras dos secciones pueden ser parecidas a las " />
<ts o="The IP of your secondary DNS is often quite different from that of your primary DNS or IP, " t="La IP del servidor DNS secundario suele ser muy parecida a la del pimario. " />
<ts o="Wireless routers more than a few years old may be using the older WEP standard; newer routers " t="Los routers WIFI antiguos pueden usar el estandar WEP antiguo; los routers nuevos " />
<ts o="Your chumby will display all the wireless networks it finds.  The bars indicate signal strength: " t="Tu Chumby muestra las redes inalámbricas que ha encontrado.  Las barras indican la potencia de la señal: " />
<ts o="Your WEP HEX key will have either 10 or 26 characters consisting of the letters A-F or numbers 0-9.\n\n" t="Tu clave WEP HEX debe tener entre 10 y 26 caracteres incluyendo letras entre la A y la F o numeros entre el  0 y el 9.\n\n" />
<ts o="Your WPA password will contain between 8 and 63 characters, including letters, " t="Tu contraseña WPA debe tener entre 8 y 63 caracteres, conteniendo letras, " />
<ts o="If the screen is empty, then either you haven&apos;t set up a network connection yet, or your chumby " t="si la pantalla está vacia, puede ser que no hayas configurado una conexión aun, o que tu Chumby " />

<ts o='Do you believe in the Users?' t='¿Confias en los usuarios?'/>
<ts o='FILES' t='ARCHIVOS'/>
<ts o='REBOOT' t='REINICIAR'/>
<ts o='OFF' t='APAGAR'/>

<!-- Menu ALARMAS -->

<ts o='Alarms' t='Alarmas'/>
<ts o='QUICK ALARM' t='RAPIDA'/>
<ts o='CUSTOM ALARM' t='PERSONALIZADA'/>
<ts o='ALARM VOLUME' t='VOL. DE LA ALARMA'/>

<ts o='Set Quick Alarm' t='Ajustes de la alarma rápida'/>
<ts o='alarm audio:' t='Sonido alarma:'/>
<ts o='minute' t='Repetición'/>
<ts o='snooze' t='Mins'/>
<ts o='alarm OFF' t='Desactivada'/>
<ts o='alarm ON' t='Activada'/>

<ts o='Set custom alarms' t='Programar alarmas personalizadas'/>
<ts o='Tap the checkbox to turn an alarm on/off' t='Marca para activar/desactivar una alarma'/>

<ts o='EDIT' t='EDITAR'/>
<ts o='INFO' t='INFO'/>
<ts o='DELETE' t='ELIMINAR'/>
<ts o='NEW' t='NUEVA'/>
<ts o="am" t="am" />
<ts o='Set alarm schedule' t='Programar los dias'/>
<ts o='When should the alarm sound?' t='¿Cuándo debe sonar la alarma?'/>
<ts o="Daily at " t="Diariamente a las " />
<ts o='Daily' t='Diariamente'/>
<ts o='One time' t='Una vez'/>
<ts o='Weekdays' t='Dias de diario'/>
<ts o='Weekends' t='Fines de semana'/>
<ts o='Sundays' t='Domingos'/>
<ts o='Mondays' t='Lunes'/>
<ts o='Tuesdays' t='Martes'/>
<ts o='Wednesdays' t='Miercoles'/>
<ts o='Thursdays' t='Jueves'/>
<ts o='Fridays' t='Viernes'/>
<ts o='Saturdays' t='Sabados'/>
<ts o='Back' t='Atrás'/>
<ts o='Next' t='Sig.'/>
<ts o='What time should the alarm sound?' t='¿A qué hora debe sonar la alarma?'/>
<ts o='NOW' t='Ahora'/>
<ts o='Set audio' t='Ajusta el sonido'/>
<ts o='What sound should the alarm use?' t='¿Qué sonido debe usar la alarma?'/>
<ts o='None' t='Ninguno'/>
<ts o='Set duration' t='Ajusta la duración'/>
<ts o='How long should the alarm sound?' t='¿Cuánto tiempo debe sonar la alarma'/>
<ts o='Set backup alarm' t='Ajusta la alarma secundaria'/>
<ts o='Should the backup alarm be on?' t='¿Activar la alarma secundaria?'/>
<ts o='yes' t='si'/>
<ts o='no' t='no'/>
<ts o="The backup alarm will wake you with a loud beep if you don&apos;t respond to your primary alarm.  An unreliable internet connection could affect your primary alarm." t="Si activas la alarma secundaria, sonara un pitido alto si no paras la alarma principal. Una conexión a internet inestable puede afectar a la alarma principal." />
<ts o='Set snooze duration' t='Ajusta el intervalo de la repetición'/>
<ts o='How long should the snooze last?' t='¿Cada cuánto se repite la alarma?'/>
<ts o='Set action affter alarm' t='Ajusta la acción despues de parar la alarma'/>
<ts o='After the alarm is dismissed, do the following:' t='Despues de desactivar la alarma:'/>
<ts o='Return to prior screen' t='Volver a la pantalla anterior'/>
<ts o='Night mode on' t='Activar modo noche'/>
<ts o='Night mode off' t='Desactivar modo noche'/>
<ts o='Power off' t='Apagar'/>
<ts o='Play' t='Reprod.'/>
<ts o='Name this alarm' t='Nombre de la alarma'/>
<ts o='CLEAR' t='BORRAR'/>
<ts o='Alarm info' t='Información de la alarma'/>
<ts o='Alarm name:' t='Nombre de la alarma:'/>
<ts o='When:' t='Cuándo:'/>
<ts o='Audio:' t='Sonido:'/>
<ts o='Audio duration:' t='Duración sonido:'/>
<ts o='Backup alarm:' t='Alarma secundaria:'/>
<ts o='Alarm/snooze screen:' t='Pantalla de alarma/repet:'/>
<ts o='Snooze:' t='Repetición:'/>
<ts o='After alarm:' t='Después de la alarma:'/>
<ts o="After alarm" t="Después alarma" />
<ts o="Alarm name" t="Nombre alarma" />
<ts o="Alarm/snooze screen" t="Alarma/Pant. Repetic." />
<ts o="Audio duration" t="Duración de sonido" />
<ts o="Audio" t="Sonido" />

</translation>

Thank you for your help, Duane.

Greetings!

Good job!

Minor correction: Instead of

<ts o="automatically assigned an IP address upon startup (also called "DHCP").\n\n" t="asignan la IP automáticamente durante el arranque ("DHCP").\n\n" />

I think it should be:

<ts o="automatically assigned an IP address upon startup (also called "DHCP").\n\n" t="reciben la IP automáticamente durante el arranque ("DHCP").\n\n" />

So you get "cuyos dispositivos reciben la IP" instead of "cuyos dispositivos asignan la IP"

Question :Shouldn't we use html entities in the translation? I mean "señal" instead of señal?

Regards/Un saludo

I am having some issues with Pandora in this lastest release. It keeps hanging up and making my chumby reboot.  IT will play one song fine, but when the next loads up, it crashes.   I get the same results if I try to change my playlist or "stations".  She hangs up and reboots..
Any suggestions?

Yes, there's a bug which causes a Actionscript timeout (and hence a restart of the Control Panel) that will be fixed in the next release.

nixkalo wrote:

Good job!

Minor correction: Instead of

<ts o="automatically assigned an IP address upon startup (also called "DHCP").\n\n" t="asignan la IP automáticamente durante el arranque ("DHCP").\n\n" />

I think it should be:

So you get "cuyos dispositivos reciben la IP" instead of "cuyos dispositivos asignan la IP"

Question :Shouldn't we use html entities in the translation? I mean "señal" instead of señal?

Regards/Un saludo

Thank you for the correction nixkalo. I will fix it.

About your question, yes, we must use entities, but in some screens it doesn't work and works the word as-is ("señal" instead of "señal"). Too there are some screens where it "eats" some letters when you use entities (Create a new connection > Crear una nueva conexin).

Gracias nixkalo, lo corregiré en cuanto tenga un ratillo.

Lo que comentas en la pregunta, si, pero en algunas pantallas no coge las "entities" y hay que usar la letra tal cual como en el caso que pones de ejemplo. También hay otras pantallas que aún usando &#número_UTF8; no lo coge como en la pantalla de crear conexión nueva o usar una existente, que se come la letra que lleva la tilde. Es un poco raro, la verdad, pero después de estar unas horas con ello, al final los pequeños detalles se me pasan, por eso comentaba lo de que el que pudiera, lo probara y fuera diciendo las "cagadillas" que hay.

Regards/Un saludo compi!

XML only directly supports 5 entities as listed in my post above - these others (like ñ, etc) are standard entities for HTML.

Additional entities beyond the standard five in XML require that they be explicitly defined in a DTD - unfortunately, the XML parser in Flash does not support DTDs, although you could use character references for many of these characters instead.

See the documentation here.

You *should* be able to use these characters directly, but as I mentioned, you *must* use UTF-8 character encoding, or use character references.   It's possible the font doesn't have these characters included - I'll check.